99 Cobra fuel pump options

03screamingSVT

Established Member
I had my 99 on the dyno the other night and we ran out of fuel pump. I had a novi 2k on the car before and just build a single turbo setup for it. Making 460/437, we had to stop at around 5800 with the pump at like 14.2 volts.

Short of doing a complete system right now, I know the shortblock isnt even going to really like that power. What pump options do I have?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
What pump are you using now??? the stocker?

A kenne Bell BAP could help but in all honesty i would consider an 03/04 Tank and pumps using stock twin Cobra or FGT pumps

03screamingSVT

Established Member
honestly I cannot remember sean hyland did the novi 2k install like 5-6 years ago and I havent touched it. I dont have any invoices from it anymore and cannot remember. I guess its the stock pump. I wouldnt have thought but at that power, if it wasnt stock it should have been ok.

Can I run the focus pump or do you think running a BAP will cure me for the mean time until I wanted to do the full leathal system down the road once I get a shortblock?

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
^^ i run the BAP on the Stock Pump and have been doing so since 2004...(car makes 478RWHP)

Honestly i would save you cash and have the good guys at lethal set you up with what you need for the new bullet...you will need it anyway so no sense in wasting money on the BAP just to hold you over for now IMO

03screamingSVT

Established Member
right, IM at 460 right now already and we arent even doing full pulls yet. Problem is the short block being stock right now but I do want to do a few 500rwhp pulls just for marketing reasons for my car. I have talked to Jered there about the system and just was hoping for something small to hold me over till I get this build short block

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
If you want something economical, all I would recommend getting is the Fore hat with the twin GT pumps, Modded FPDM, and our Fore hat to stock line adapter. This will supply you more than enough fuel now but then also gives you room to upgrade later down the road once you get the motor done.

Users who are viewing this thread