'99 cobra I need help

svtcobra99

Established Member
I have a '99 cobra. Can anyone tell me some good mods to put on . bolt on or engine components. The ones that really make a diffrence in hp and torque.
thanks.

MystiChrome Coupe

Established Member
I've heard that gears give you the biggest bang for the buck, gonna do some on my cobra sometime soon. I put the fr500 catback exhaust & steeda U/D pullies. Haven't had it on a dyno yet to see what I got yet, but looking forward to it.

Do some searches, it'll help you out a lot.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
They make no difference in flywheel HP or torque, but gears (4.10s or 4.30s) are the best "bang for the buck" performance enhancement on the DOHC cobras...

Coop

XTreme Tech
Established Member
Originally posted by svtcobra99
I have a '99 cobra. Can anyone tell me some good mods to put on . bolt on or engine components. The ones that really make a diffrence in hp and torque.
thanks.
You looking for small or large ticket items?

If it is power and torque you want, I'd skip past the nickle and dime mods and go directly to a s/c. There are some pretty good deals on used kits if you are looking to save some money. Regrinding your cams and porting your heads can net you a solid 50rwhp to 70rwhp n/a. I had mine done at Houston Performance, s/c grind. Nothing like having a little cam lope to accompany the added power!

570rwhp/466tq on only 10.5 psi boost
Official 1/4 mile: [email protected] 1.81 60' limited only by the IRS, road race suspension and hot weather.
A 10 sec capable car!

A Cobra on the surface, a Viper underneath!
side1a.jpg
engine1a.jpg
coilover1b.jpg

Exterior - larger view || -- Engine-zoom in -- ||Chassis/Suspension

Other stuff (partial list):
T-56 R&R guide tube
T-56 R&R input shaft breakage
Spring cleaning

http://www.svttexas.com

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ummmm...steeda pulleys, densecharger Cold AIr Intake (best one), FR500 catback, Xpipe, Gears (3.73 or 4.10), K&N, Throttle Body, Steeda Timing Adjuster, Aluminum Driveshaft, Aluminum Flywheel. thats about it thats on top of my head. hope this helps.

-marek

Users who are viewing this thread