99 Cobra, she's not feeling well

Parabellum420

Established Member
well, for the last few months Ive been diving deeper and deeper into the cobra I bought last year for what I thought was a killer deal, I'm not saying I regret my choice, but I had no idea the love hate relationship I was entering into. She's a neglected, battered and bruised put up wet and left to dry mess... but I'm a sucker for a damsel in distress lol, so here I am giving it my all. (decent opener huh? lol) well it all started late one night in July of 2020, when I first laid eyes on her..

nah I'm ****in with yall lol.. I'm not gonna write out a love story

so here's the deal, I'm realizing I'm in way over my head, I don't have the money right now to just throw new parts at it and it's my only vehicle because like a dummy I traded my truck for a 99 gt very, ( oh yea, my lady of fire and rust is a vert ) I needed quit a few things, bumper , hood, top, 3 quarter panels, int panels .. all kindsa shit that I saw in the gt, so I got it and started swapping shit , well all was well I wasn't rlly drivjnh the cobra cause I didn't have it legal at the time, (that's a can of worms that my lawyer would advise me to never speak of, ever) I would take it toq. the store, maybe the bar that's a few blocks away, but that was it, and if I gave her gave she'd scream back with vigor and conviction just like any woman would, she seemed to run great, drove like pure shit though, I assumed tires, alignment , just the normal stuff, OK so time goes by I get it legal, I've gotten what I could off the gt before the ****ing HOA came knocking, which meant byby gt, with all the stuff I knew I needed already off , but lots of stuff I could now went byebye with it... so fast forward, I let it sit for 2 months or so, only giving her enough attention to keep the battery up, at some point that I started laying down some actual miles, ( nothing crazy , but 20 miles trips daily instead of 2 mile trips occasionally .... and that's when I realized what a raggedy bitch she really was.... she started falling apart on me at the seems, were getting past cosmetic and into her very soul abd what make her tick ( I still don't know wtf the tick is from)

and well fellas... now me n the ol' girl basically live in a storage unit.. (which I use as my shop, no room for my tools anywhere else) because every goddamn day it's something else that usually takes me late into the night the diagnose and even later trying to plan a course of action... ( did I mention I basically have no idea wtf I'm I doing? I can walk you thru an r1 engine but with this everytime I think I know something I'm wrong and she pays for it.

Jesus keep passing out , I been here all night ll

sitting here passin out over n over but catching myself

01yellercobra

Established Member
I didn't see a question, but it sounds like it's time to cut your losses and find a beater.

Parabellum420

Established Member
I didn't see a question, but it sounds like it's time to cut your losses and find a beater.
well I'm exhausted but have a guy coming to do the windshield in a couple hours

all the problems I started listing were undiagnosed

Attachments

• IMG_20221115_092905.jpg
    IMG_20221115_092905.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 57

FIREBALL

Established Member
Man, youll spend less money for a good one (and be happier)that doesnt need all the work and$$$$$ that you are describing in what you got, and thats not "quitter talk" thats just reality talkin.
If you have specific questions about a certain aspects of your project, then ask away

Last edited:

shurur

Established Member
Well..it could be worse in that you could be working outside in the FL sun and rain with her on ramps..checking for snakes before crawling under her....Fun times.

As said above:
If money is that tight..
You need to pick up a beater for now OR dump the car and get a beater.

If you keep her, you need to make an intial list/battle plan...which will be in flux as you encounter things along the way.

Contacting a mobile mechanic through www.yourmechanic.com might be worth the investment as well.

Users who are viewing this thread