99 COBRA

candy99

Established Member
what is a average 1/4 time for a stock 99 cobra. i ran a 14.4 at the track for my very first time out there. actually it was my second run the first run i got nervous and spun all through first and for some reason just couldnt hook up. my first pass i ended up running a 17.8. yeah i know i really ****ed that one up. but the track was hooking up shitty for every one that night. i hope to one day after a few mods crack low 13's

StangD281

Established Member
you should be able to pull 13's easy with that car. I would say, and this is strictly opinion, that an AVERAGE time for a stock 99 is a 13.5 or so. Sometimes it's all in the launch!

LSs1Power

Established Member
I used to run 13.6-13.7 at 103-104 with my 99 Cobra after the recall fix. Before i used to run 13.9-14.0 at 101. U should be able to run in the 13's if u got ur mustang fixed. Some tracks are just not friendly with the 99 cobra. If u noticed that ur car spins the whole track, try going to another one and try there. Good luck.

IUP99snake

The Shocker
Established Member
I have a 99 cobra with only a mac cat-back. I made 11 passes the last time I was at Numidia Raceway. I heard that people's best times are not ran there....
With ice on the intake, I ran a 13.95@103 with a 2.2 60 ft.
I am still getting used to my cobra after my 83 GT with an open rear end that would spin one tire all the way down the track. I need to perfect my launch technique.
My buddies say that I let the front end bog down when I should keep it up... i heard the worst thing to do is bog a modular...
Im gonna go to the track around Indiana, PA... thats where Im at for school. and hopefully Ill have some better times..
I also threw on some nitto drag radials. We'll see

-Homer

candy99

Established Member
well looks like i wont be able to go to the track again seeing as though i bent a rod and need a new engine...

Users who are viewing this thread