'99 Post fix 1/4 mile??

CobraDOHC

12 Second Z
Established Member
Ok I have a question for you guys....What would a '99 bone stock, except for the "fix" run in the 1/4?? Just trying to figure this out before I get it and goto the track....

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by CobraDOHC
Ok I have a question for you guys....What would a '99 bone stock, except for the "fix" run in the 1/4?? Just trying to figure this out before I get it and goto the track....

Up here in the midwest, I would say 13.8-14.0 for most conditions and a good driver. We don't seem to be able to run the fast times they do in the east with the midwest air.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
A SCOA member named John (who I think is from the southeast) who ran 13.3 @103.3 with paper filter and RE730s...factory freak? I think I remember a SCOAlist mail that he's selling it for an '03 :read:

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by drfunky
If anyone is interested in the 99 it has 53,000 miles on it (high miles from when it was used as a daily driver), it is very clean. Since I got my truck in Dec 00 it mainly sits under a cover in a heated garage. It was gone over by Ford engineer Bill Franco to get rid of the "vibe". I didn't get it dyno'd post fix, but it has put down a few 13.3x passes at 103.xx.
John
1999 Rio Red Coupe
13.34 @103.33 all stock on RE-730 Radials

MC Cobra

Established Member
I know, I know. :( It felt like a strong run so I knew I wasn't going to get another 13.9 but the damn wheel hop! :cuss:
This should eliminate that hop though. :-D

MC Cobra

Established Member
Eaton Posi
Superior 31 spline axles
FRPP 3.73 gears(awaiting boost which is why I chose these)
3" studs
Max. Motorsports adj. LCAs
FRPP UCAs
H&R Race Springs
Bilstein shocks
FRPP alum d/s
SVO diff cover

I figured I'd do it right the first time.
I still need to put the calipers on and I'm waiting for the little parts from Ford(pinion snubber, exhaust hangars etc) to do the swap. :)

Users who are viewing this thread