A couple good races worth noting.

Lomancobra

Established Member
Saturday night me and my friend were driving from DC down into Stafford Virginia for a camping trip. On I-95 I saw an early 90s vette weaving through traffic and I cought up to him, but there was too much traffic to get up a long side him, and he would not slow down for the race. :sleeping: Then out of nowhere a S2000 convertible flys by me. Ironically, it was piloted by 2 older asian guys. I couldn't resist showing them some true domestic power. I caught up to him at about 80, and ran them up to about 120, at which point I had about 5 car lengths and growing on him. Later on, after exiting 95 we were lost on some desolate back road in stafford. I'm coming to an intersection making a right, and I hear the fartpipe exhaust of a civic approaching from the other side of the intersection making a left going the same way I am about to turn. Then as he shifts into second I hear some blowoff, and I was like "oowww, this could be interesting." I take off fishtailing after him, I catch up to him and give him the "lets roll" signal. Then he looks at me like I wasnt worth his time and rubs his fingers together (implying he would only race for cash). I really didn't feel like making a production out of it, and it made me a little nervous that he would be that confident running against a cobra. However, I might have raced him for the girl that was in his passenger seat. So I just goosed it a little and he took the bait. We started running from like a 40-45 roll. He stayed with me for a long time, but I started to slowly pull away from him. His car sounded like shit, but I had to give him credit for keeping up with me. Somewhere around 100 is when I started to pull away on him and at about 130 I only had about 1-1.5 cars on him. Later on we got stopped at a light, I complimented him on his car and he said that he missed third and wanted to go again. I asked him to go from the light and he said "no, i got no traction". So we started to go, and I noticed a car was behind me. There werent many cars around, and I didn't notice him pull onto the road, so I started worrying that it was a cop. By the time I had figured out that it wasn't a cop he had already started going and got a head start on me by about 2 car lenghts. We ran up to about 130-140 again and I was very slowly gaining on him. I closed the gap, but not as much as I would like to claim. Either way, I'm sure he told himself he won that one. Later on, I asked him how much boost he was running and he told me only 10, but to me that seemed a little low for how he was pulling. Then I asked what his ET was and he said 11. That would have to mean that I have the fastest stock cobra out there. Either way, he must have invested alot to have his civic run like that and not blow something. I wish I ran into this guy after I did the pulley, exhaust, and intake though.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread