A/F Idle? gauge jumpen like jellybeans? idle rough?

BruntzySVT

Established Member
okay, when i idle with my Dynojet A/f, the arrow moves from 14.5-15.5 back and forth a lil more a lil less every second! is that normal? Also, who has a rough idle, since i got my tune from HBH ive seen a lil rougher IDLE but the a/f is 12.5-11.8 in late rpms...leaner then i want but whats going on..I know HBH does great work, my car just likes to reject tunes! going to get it street tuned by HBH when he comes into town! woot! i love HBH~!

BruntzySVT

Established Member
Snake40 said:
My car does the same thing. Guess we will both find out when he gets to Dallas .
4/02 ???
i guess thats when, i hope not before the 20th of march...think he will re turn ours for a cheaper price or for free lol??

MikeW

Established Member
You may want to adjust the air smoothing in the device set up of the DJWBC. I think thats where you do it. It will may take some of the "jerky" readings out. Does your RPM stay steady or does it jump around at idle too? If the RPM jumps at Idle you may need to ground the DJWBC to the PCM and not the body of the car.

Shadowgray03

Snake Charmer
Established Member
Depending on what was done in the tune it may take a little while for the car to establish fuel trims and hold a steadier A/F at idle. Id just give it some time. The car by default will try and hold a stoich af of 14.7:1 when in closed loop operation. So your not terribly out of whack.

WDW MKR

Established Member
I've always known cars to be all over at idle. My GN used to bound all over the place. Where you need to be concerned is at cruising speed, on level ground, with a constant load on the motor. If the A/f want to jump all over then... you might have an issue.

Users who are viewing this thread