a few silly newby questions

drhyed

Established Member
Think it will have hid's?, and what is the difference between a twin screw and eaton type blowers? I think i have a fuzzy idea but hope someone can clear it up for me.

thanks
jay

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I doubt it will have HID's, but don't know for sure.

Eaton is not a type of blower, it is a manufacturer. There is the Roots type and twin screw. The twin screw's rotors look like screws and actually "screw" the air into the motor. The rotors are very close together and as they "screw" they compress the air between them. The screw is more efficient than the roots type blower. That's why the KB's and Whipple's make more power than the factory roots blower on the 03/4 Cobra's.

I'm not sure what the roots rotors look like. I believe on a roots blower the air is compressed in between the housing and the rotors, don't quote me on this though. I also think the rotors in the roots actually touch, which is why they run hotter than a twin screw. If this is wrong feel free to correct me (like I had to tell anyone that:)).

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
CAI=Cold Air Induction

A roots type blower has two lobed rotors that spin. It is not a compressor. It simply moves air from one side to the other. However, if you move more air than the motor can use, it "stacks up" in the space that the blower dumps into. That is where the compression takes place. The volume never decreases to force the compression to happen. Once the air that the motor is using (amount in CFM) is equal to the air that the blower is moving, the pressure reaches a steady state.

Users who are viewing this thread