A good dealer and speed shop around?

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
This is what I posted over at modularfords

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/...ead.php?t=10457

Bassin247 has been a great help so far in my book and anyone on here from around here that has any info that might help me out I would love it. I am looking for a used black 03 with around 10k miles to finance and a good dealer to get it from and service it when the time comes. Thanks everyone your advice makes car decisions easy... most of the time lol

Sunday. I am going to test drive a Cobra in about 15 minutes I dont plan on buying from Framingham they dont know anything about the Cobras. The guy called while I was sleeping and told my girlfriend that black is the hardest color to find in the 2003's and said "maybe you would like a red" thats a nice color most girls like it. They also were laughing when she got in the Mystichrome yesterday and said that "girls dont drive Cobras its a mans car" come on I mean seriously I can understand trying to be funny and shit to the guys in the showroom but your 50 and just lost a customer you jackass. NO THANKS... Well anyways we are still going in to drive one and a Mach 1 also just for kicks but we wont tell them that. Thanks Bassin again for looking out very cool man thanks.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
a black 10th i bet..they have 2 i think..verts?

try using the ford websites car locator. its pretty good and shows any dealers inventory. thats how i got my 03 demo car...

notdisturbed

I got nothin...
Established Member
I bought my car from framingham, and i would not recommend them to anyone. They came inches from losing my business, but eventually bowed to pressure when i pushed. They have no knowledgeable sales people, and are very unhelpful. Only thing they did well was taking my money, getting me a good financing rate, and prepping the car. But, even on those issues i had to fight with them to get what i wanted.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
ill tell u a good speed shop is in SEEKONK.

DEZ RACING

he did my solid axle build..great job and CHEAP too! he does 99% stangs...has his own 10.30 NMRA car...

Last edited:

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
thanks for the post. By the time I have the car and enough money to do a bunch of engine mods or a Procharger hopefully a shop somewhere around here will have worked on a bunch of Cobras and have a good rep and good feedback about 03/04 work. We will see I guess thanks again man

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Originally posted by Bass
check out www.acsracing.com they're in hanover. and they do some nasty shit.

from a buddy of mine when i asked about ACS...

yo , go to stangnet.com and search the northeast forum . there was a thread over there about week or so ago about how bad they are.... and i have been there and the are a biggest crocks of shit i ever met . i paied 100 bucks for 3 dyno pulls then 2nd time i went back i asked for a t-shirt and had to beg them to give it to me for free ****ing jack ass's . then the guys says 'hey your car aint running right .take out that chip and get MSD DIS-4 to do your timing and stuff" holy shit i alomost blew up my car cause of that fat shit . and tell me this . with a stock vortech kit on my 96 cobra how the hell did i only put down 318 rwhp???????????? 8 #'s of boost WTF thats only 35 over stock u have to be kidding me i think they suck ass if u ask me i would take my worst enemys car there

oh ya , if u look at there past projects , the guy in the yellow stang he is on stangnet but real quick he paid for a Viper t-56 then tossed in some other kind of cheap t-56 its on stangnet over there he was pissed and they never gave him back his stock parts i dont have the link on me cause i am at work but go read up

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
Stay away from acs. I've been to a few of their dyno days and they are complete assholes. Instead of driving 7 miles down the road to use a dyno I drive 55 to worchester. Screw ACS and the assholios they have working there.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
from another friend....os im gonna guess NOT to go there..

The f-body guys got burnt a few years ago at ACS racing.

The had a dyno day and they ended up getting alot of cars i think more than 10. Well they had agreed to a cheaper rate because it was a dyno day. But because it took so long to dyno the cars they thought they should have been compensated for it and wanted to charge full price, and they had the keys to the last car and they wouldn't give them back till they were payed.
Not only that but they don't allow you to drive your own car on the dyno. You can only watch.

NEDyno is the place to go

Bass

pour me another
Established Member
wow............ I apologize for almost even referring someone to them. the people that i know, that have dealt with them, all have bike work done there. if I had known that they were that f'ed up i wouldn't have had them do my n20 setup. my experience w/ them wasn't bad but if i had known any of this prior. i never would have went there.

~Lucky 13~

midget kicker
Established Member
Damn thats a lot of negative comments just for one shop to get. Imagine all the people who dont go on forums that hate them just as much :lol: They sound like Fortes who used to be in Waltham for like 5 years then moved to Natick for a month or two before moving to Burlington where they have been for probably 2 years now. They suck and some dumbass kid I know that I try to help out with his 5.0 GT goes there even though I always say not too he thinks they are "cool". They convinced him into buying their AFR 165's and said they were "great heads for blowers" and would be better for him than AFR 185's. They also talked him into getting $1000 worth of suspension parts instead of buying a new clutch/tranny too they are idiots and only want to make $$$ and not help you with your car thats why they didnt make any money over here in Waltham dumbass people never go there. They also used to sell Cervinis hoods for $500-$600 when you could buy them off Cervinis site for $380 I dont get that one.

The MPE racing guys are freaking tools also I hope I have a run in with them on the street someday. At the World Of Wheels I was with my girl and they asked her if she was going to pose on their hood because she asked them to close it so that I could take a pic of it. I didnt say shit then there were too many people and little kids around too start crap but I will be "looking" for them to say shit next time they show up to a show I am at. So they will never get my business obviously. Good business tactics dumbass guys.

Eric at Lafierre was going to help me back when I had my LX and he always asked me how much I "was looking" to spend even though I told him what parts I had or was getting and was asking him how much it would cost to install them. I dont get it how can you ask someone how much money they have to do work and then not even have a ballpark figure of just a few install prices? Too fishy for me with all his questions about how much work I would be doing with them down the line too I mean why does that matter? Have heard bad things about him once or twice too even though he claims that he does "5 or 6 blower installs on 5.0's a week" during the summer and has dozens of people from Mass go up to him every summer. Whatever too many shops are trying to oversell themselves lately and I hate it they think we are all stupid and act like we wont tell hundreds of people if they screw us over.

I might just go to JDM or Outrageous in New Jersey if I dont find anyone around here to work on the car. They seem like the only 2 shops that are within a days drive of us that have done any work on Cobras. Driving 4-6 hours to do work right is better than driving an hour to get ripped off. We will see hopefully more people will have ideas before the time comes to decide where to go. Maybe someone on the forums in Mass will help me out installing stuff if I give them some cash who knows. Thanks for the advice again guys :thumbsup:

Last edited:

juicedgt02

Established Member
this is good reading, dont feel bad 01blown I have had my share with Mpe and the guy came back and said well I had 3 cars at WOW so that makes me a good shop blah blah blah, anyway mabe someone can help me as well, we need to have my brothers 01 SC saleen tuned and was told by few that not everytuner is familiar wi the liquid to air cooler so can someone tell me if these cars are really that hard to tune? and if not than maybe you may know a local guy, i have told him about JDM and it is just a pain to drive thru NYC, althoug it would be a fun road trip, and I would just hae if something went wrong and than drive all the way back there :cryying: help please :rockon: :coolman:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
i always try to do the installs myself. i did the rear end swap, exhaust, line-loc and some small other stuff. i plan on doing the k member and a arms, headers next. if anyone ever needs help with anything, i would be happy to come over and help. or if anyone needs a place, i have a garage and air tools. whats beter thn a cobra install party?:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread