A good place to ski in NC?

SNCBOOM

Established Member
My family and I are looking into going skiing sometime after chirstmas. I was hoping some of you North Carolina guys or the surrounding areas could help out. We had planned on driving up that morning and going night skiing, spend the night there and ride back the next day. What's a good resort? It doesn't necessarily have to be NC but not too far from Northeast Georgia...within a days drive that's for sure. Thanks :D

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
My family and I are looking into going skiing sometime after chirstmas. I was hoping some of you North Carolina guys or the surrounding areas could help out. We had planned on driving up that morning and going night skiing, spend the night there and ride back the next day. What's a good resort? It doesn't necessarily have to be NC but not too far from Northeast Georgia...within a days drive that's for sure. Thanks :D
sugar mtn dude it is a very nice place and not too much$$$$$$. they also have silver creek there as well. we rented a in and out chalet for around 1000 and was a week with the lifts and ski rentals. :beer: enjoy :rockon:

donpablo

Established Member
The water is the obvious answer.

Ever consider PA. Lots of good skiing up there. Masanutten in VA is an option, or perhaps our TN brothers could chime in.

DonPablo

bbp42d

shakin not stirred
Established Member
Originally posted by DonPablo94SVT
The water is the obvious answer.

Ever consider PA. Lots of good skiing up there. Masanutten in VA is an option, or perhaps our TN brothers could chime in.

DonPablo
snowshoe :beer: :beer: :beer: we got our stuff ready for the end of jan, hope the snow will be there. i know you guys are getting pounded right now:beer: :beer: :beer:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Originally posted by esqeddy
How certain are they to have snow in NC?

A lot of them produce "man made" snow. As of this morning it seems some of them saw as much as 14-15". HERE is a list of ski reports of several resorts in the area.

Users who are viewing this thread