A Keep It Simple 07 Cobra Tread

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
BigZach said:
ITS UGLY!!! When you look at an 03-04, it says get the F*** out of my way. Looking at the new body style does not do that. Just doesnt have that muscle look. I could care less if it has 450hp, my car has more than that now and will have way more when these things actually hit the lots.

Thats exactly how I feel about the 03/04. It's long in the tooth, crappy interior, way out of place shifter, and a body style that has been around more or less since the mid 90's. It doesn't say Get the F*** out of my way, it says, I'm old & tired. Yeah I may be fast as hell, but I'm old and ugly.

Hell and I even own a 04 Cobra and think that.

Considering NO ONE other than Ford developers and it's third party suppliers know what the new Cobra is going to look like you must have a friend or uncle that works for Ford right? And they slip you information about it?

JB2245

BigZach said:
ITS UGLY!!! When you look at an 03-04, it says get the F*** out of my way. Looking at the new body style does not do that. Just doesnt have that muscle look. I could care less if it has 450hp, my car has more than that now and will have way more when these things actually hit the lots.

It's funny how a lot of 03/04 owners that aren't in the market for an 07 keep on bashing a car that hasn't even debuted or been seen yet. Maybe a little jealousy from what is to come? I think so.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Pojack said:
It's funny how a lot of 03/04 owners that aren't in the market for an 07 keep on bashing a car that hasn't even debuted or been seen yet. Maybe a little jealousy from what is to come? I think so.

It's funny how anytime someone states they don't like the new Mustang, they are immediately chastised and considered to be jealous, ignorant, or behind the times. Maybe a little insecurity in those who prefer the new car? I think so. After all, what's the point of jumping on the fad bandwagon if you can't get everyone else to ride along?

Evil_Merlin

Got VTEC?
Established Member
WDW MKR said:
It's funny how anytime someone states they don't like the new Mustang, they are immediately chastised and considered to be jealous, ignorant, or behind the times. Maybe a little insecurity in those who prefer the new car? I think so. After all, what's the point of jumping on the fad bandwagon if you can't get everyone else to ride along?

We are talking about the new Cobra, since NO ONE here has seen it (or those that have cannot talk about it), it's a wee bit premature to claim anything about it's look.

Never the less, it WILL be faster than the current Cobra...

JB2245

WDW MKR said:

It's funny how someone who states they "don't like the new mustang" would even be reading a thread about it, let alone post on the thread several times. Surely, you would think that someone who owns an 03 cobra and has as much disdain as you do for the new design would strictly stick to the "terminator" thread and not concern yourself with the "UGLY!" new mustang...Maybe a little denial of your likeness for the new car but your inability to afford it? I think so. After all, envy is a feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another. :rolling:

Last edited by a moderator:

FriscoCobra

Established Member
all i have to say is that every year cars get faster and better. No one can be on the top forever. In a couple of years someone will be saying how their 09 cobra kicks ass on the 07 so who really cares we all love cobras old and new.

WDW MKR

Established Member
Pojack said:
It's funny how someone who states they "don't like the new mustang" would even be reading a thread about it, let alone post on the thread several times. Surely, you would think that someone who owns an 03 cobra and has as much disdain as you do for the new design would strictly stick to the "terminator" thread and not concern yourself with the "UGLY!" new mustang...Maybe a little denial of your likeness for the new car but your inability to afford it? I think so. After all, envy is a feeling of discontent and resentment aroused by and in conjunction with desire for the possessions or qualities of another. :rolling:

Point me to the origin of any rule stating that you must intend to purchase something in order to read bout it. I may not like the new Mustang, but I still aim to learn about it. I also read up on Vettes, Vipers, F-bodies, Supras, pocket rockets, and 4x4 trucks. Nice job on the Webster-esqe definition, too... :rollseyes

badboycali_559

Established Member
seems like the hp on the cars over the years keep jumpin up and up, from 99,01's 320hp to 03/04 390hp to 07's 450hp, when is this goin to com to a stop or a certain level where they can't go any higher, a couple of years back i use to hear bout farrari's being 500hp and now days everyother car is over 400, well it is where i com from, is this power increase ever goin to com to a stop?

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I think 500ish from the factory will be about the limit. Exotics, etc. will probably top that, but, Mustangs for example probably won't be much more than that. I think the next thing will be light weight materials and chassis design improvements.

Obviously, there has to be a limit somewhere and I have no idea where that is.

CANiHaveGasCash

Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Ok, I'll be laughing at you for being the 1st dumbazz that paid $40K+ for a Mustang! Believe me, others will too....
He will not be the first. saleens are over 40, roushes are over 40, cobra convertables are right near 40

crazyhorse06

Established Member
I have no problem paying over 40k for a Mustang if it is 5-10k better than the terminators. I have considered more expensive cars like M3, M5 (I'd have to go used), 911 turbo (really used). Although they are very nice cars, they don't turn my crank like the monster V8 power of a Cobra. I drool over terminators. I was ready to buy one when the concept Mustang was revealed. I knew the next generation would be even better than the '03/'04 and decided to wait. I think I will be glad I did.

Even if the base price is less than 40, I'll be well over 40 by the time i get finished with Kenny Brown and his shop.

maddrabitt

Established Member
I dont know, Im just not sold on the styling of the new mustangs. I dont really care for the entire back end and when I try to look at the guages I feel like Im looking down a friggin tunnel. Ive already decided that Im selling my Cobra right around the time the new one comes out. Im hoping the Cobra is something fierce, both under the hood and in appearance. But Id have to say right now Im leaning towards the new Z06. Its hard for me to think about that since Ive had a mustang since I got my license, but the new style just isnt doing it for me. Guess I cant get around 500hp in a 3100 lb car

Mayhem

Established Member
I own an '03 Cobra. It is definately the fastest car that I have had, and I have owned a buttload of fast cars. If I hadn't bought an 03... I'd still be waiting for the new body style Cobra. There are a few things that suck about 03/04 Cobras(i.e. Wheel Hop,Shifting, Etc..), but they are still the most powerfull production mustang ever and they are beautiful cars. I personnally like the 2005 body style, it reminds me of a '68 that I used to have. I would have loved to had my '68 right off of the factory floor, with the options I wanted no less.

I've got to say though, even though I like the new platform, they better spice up the new Mustangs. Even the GT's look bland. No hoodscoop, not even the 68 blinker hood... Lame

OKC03Cobra

Established Member
maddrabitt said:
I dont know, Im just not sold on the styling of the new mustangs. I dont really care for the entire back end and when I try to look at the guages I feel like Im looking down a friggin tunnel. Ive already decided that Im selling my Cobra right around the time the new one comes out. Im hoping the Cobra is something fierce, both under the hood and in appearance. But Id have to say right now Im leaning towards the new Z06. Its hard for me to think about that since Ive had a mustang since I got my license, but the new style just isnt doing it for me. Guess I cant get around 500hp in a 3100 lb car

The new Z06 will probably be going for $75k. I may just keep my 03 until the engine wears out and drop a supercharged 5.0 cammer into it.

Red97Snake

Established Member
saleen_4_me said:
Bingo :thumbsup: I hate the 05 look, it's already been done back in the 60's.
Not very original.

OH don't slam the retro stylin'!! :D You gotta love the fact that they are not forgetting thier roots. I want old school styling AND new school refinments...VOILA! '05!! Those lines are freakin' sweet. My buddys own Vipers and are looking at trading them for the new Lambo...not me...I'm diggin the Cobra and the heritage behind it. We're hoping to race the European Gumball Rally...tell me a Cobra isn't gonna stand out in Europe amongst every other Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche? Besides...those cars dont' sound NEAR as sweet as American Muscle baby!! :beer:

WDW MKR

Established Member
I dig American Muscle as much as the next gear head, but there isn't anything that sound like a V-12 Ferrari at full song!! :beer:

joeclams9

Established Member
I'm willing to bet the new Z06 will be in the mid 60's. And I'm willing to bet the new cobra will be awesome. I'm willing to bet that I'm gonna buy a house first though, and then a used one of the two...lol!
:beer: to american muscle!

WDW MKR

Established Member
Smart move on the house. I hate making the payment, but it's the best investment I've ever made... especially at a young age!

stangfreak

Established Member
OKC03Cobra said:
The new Z06 will probably be going for $75k. I may just keep my 03 until the engine wears out and drop a supercharged 5.0 cammer into it.

thats what im talken about bro. we have a solid car to start out with you know? its not like we have a v6 and want to drop a v8 in there you know.
324vt engine with cams, the way i want it built, with my 2.4 kb tht i currently have. then up the boost to 18psi. one word sums it up. VIOLENT.

red03cobra

2003 Cobra & 1990 Notch
Established Member
With tax and registration the new Z06 with markups is more like $85K! The new Cobra will be very nice but a modded '03 will do fine for me for another three years!

Users who are viewing this thread