A lot of questions redgarding the GT???

Saleen Explorer

Established Member
There is so much information floating and around etc. We have a thread on the Viper board (nothing bad at all in the thread so don't go over there and troll, the GT is highly prasied on the Viper boards) regarding the GT that ended up questioning actual power output and everything. In the other thread, somebody said Roush dynoed one and that it made 526 rwhp, does anybody have any info on how accurate that is? Not saying it's true or false, but I'd like to see somebody from Roush back that up. There are ton's of statemenst being made regarding it being underrated etc, which I don't doubt going by the 03' Cobras but does anybody know how accurate this may be also.

Theres just so much floating around I'd like to try to get at least a close, clean answer. What about this talk that Shelby is saying it's closer to 600 hp which I've read in numerous places, is that actually true also b/c I don't see why Shelby would risk their reputation if they actually said that.

Then theres other rumors about Ford having trouble reaching the 500/500 rating, which could very well be true but sounds ulikely with it's design and use of a twin-screw, but you never know.

I know some of the engineers/workers or whoever have had something to do with the GT development are on here and post, so I'd really like to get a clean answer if that possible. I've seen stuff regarding power that it'll "suprise" everyone etc, and then talk about it being really around 560 hp at the fly and then stuff about Shebly stating it's closer to 600 etc. Any help here lol, cause it gets so confusing?

It's gonna be a hell of a car, but there is just so much floating around, I really hope the 500+ rwhp rating is true and it wouldn't sound suprising either from experience with the 03' Cobra.

Piker

Established Member
I tend to agree with your theory of the GT being underrated. We won't find out until next year, or until someone with an inside connection starts to talk.

On a side note. I saw the Top Gear video with Jeremy Clarkson driving the new GT in Detroit, and he LOVED the car. I think that guy has to be one of the pickiest bastards out there. If he likes it, it has to be good! lol

Big 8

Established Member
The thing is the four cars floating around are close to production cars but there will be a few minor changes.

The thing I would say is that youll just have to wait until someone takes one home then throws it on a dyno. The regular 5.4 DOHC motor in the 00 Rs put out over 400 about 420. I can assure you there is no problem in making 500hp with the motor. Too many people have already done that. Even with the 4.6 its a snap.

One other hing, I have seen the red and white car tested. They run to sixty at 3.7 and 3.8 and had 1/4 mile time of 11.7 at 122
Rather it be 500 or 600 this is what they pulled off. I hope it was 500 so with a new pulley, chip, intake, well you know the drill!

Users who are viewing this thread