AAP in Stafford, Tx

filofthephuture

Established Member
I'm sure the subject of performance shops near Houston has been beat to death, in fact I spent a substantial amount of time looking all over every forum I could think for the last few days. I figured I'd ask one last time though, is there a "best" shop in Houston?

I've been talking to AAP, Strictly, Kinetik and TSS. Any other places I should consider?

I'm just looking to have headers installed and my car tuned by the way.

filofthephuture

Established Member
I talked to them a little bit, seems like they'd be super helpful. This is my first time ever dealing with any shops like this, kind of frustrated that they don't reply to my emails haha

Superfly99

Stang Freak
Established Member
I haven't used Kinetik but have friends who do. Top notch by their recommendations. Met them at the Texas Mile, good group. They built a buddies 200 mph GT500 and were there to support him.

I have used Strictly before...would NEVER go back there again.

filofthephuture

Established Member
My dad was telling me he used to work with a guy who had a Termi and Strictly melted his heads on the dyno, so I ruled them out pretty quickly.

Thanks though, I'm going to shoot Kinetik another email and probably give them a call!

qachargh

Established Member
Speaking from experience, the guys at Kinetik can be hard to stay in touch with. The only reason for that is the huge amount of work they take on for a 2-man operation. Right now they have 4 cars blown apart and they are just starting to get the motors back to zip them back. When they can rotate around to you they stay in constant contact. They are much more open to customers coming by the shop than most places. I'm planning on taking off from work and getting my hands in there when my cams and fuel system get swapped.

dino lord

itching to build...
Established Member
Great experiences with Triangle.
Heard many good things for AAP, but never worked with them.
Strictly can go blow a porcupine.
Never even heard of Kinetik.

filofthephuture

Established Member
Great experiences with Triangle.
Heard many good things for AAP, but never worked with them.
Strictly can go blow a porcupine.
Never even heard of Kinetik.
I really wish I could work with TSS, they're like 20 minutes from my house and not a doubt in my mind that they'd do great work, but their prices are just way too much.

Can't get back in touch with Kinetik or AAP, said screw it and I'm installing this stuff myself. Thanks guys!

qachargh

Established Member
Have fun with the headers. Doubt on the 5.0 they are any easier than my 5.8. Keep plenty of cash on hand for the swear jar.

They're always really busy. Hopefully they're just in the shop finishing my car :beer:

Any chance yours is the car getting a hidden cage with the removable cross-bar and door bars?

filofthephuture

Established Member
Have fun with the headers. Doubt on the 5.0 they are any easier than my 5.8. Keep plenty of cash on hand for the swear jar.

Any chance yours is the car getting a hidden cage with the removable cross-bar and door bars?
I'm mentally prepared for it, but I do think that doing it on jack stands is going to be a pain...with all the money going into the swear jar I could probably pay to have them installed. Hopefully dropping the k member will at least help a little, but I'm not counting on it. My buddy who did his headers this weekend told me he'd rather lose a testicle than do the headers again haha.

qachargh

Established Member
Realistically the only way to do it is to pull the k-member and drop the motor. I have no idea how people have been able to do it leaving the motor in place. Getting to the header bolts is nigh-impossible.

filofthephuture

Established Member
Realistically the only way to do it is to pull the k-member and drop the motor. I have no idea how people have been able to do it leaving the motor in place. Getting to the header bolts is nigh-impossible.
The more I think about it, the less I want to do it. Pretty sure I can get it done though.

qachargh

Established Member
You should have a little more room than I did. You definitely want to invest in a bunch of small extensions and u-joint extensions.

Users who are viewing this thread