? about nitrous and the boss intake.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
i am in the works on buying a nitrous kit, from what i hear guys like me who only have a small amount of mods,(jlt cai, tune and gears)will lose performance buy installing the intake with so few mod. i do have a new lethal o/r x-pipe to install as well. well my ? is does anyone here have any hard evidence or experience to back it up. with my mods will my car pick up any or lose power and how much, but with the nitrouswhat kind of gains can i expect, what i mead is you guys that did it you have nitrous on a stock motor and nitrous what were the #'s then installed the boss intakewhat were those #'s. if i lose 5 or 10 hp on motor but can gain 20 to 30 with the boss on the same jet size would be great. any ideas, proof example please share. i want to run 10's and i have seen guys with tires, tune cai, and nitrous run high 10's. oh my car is an auto. please help..... David

Sc0tty2h0ttie

AKA Scotty2hottie
Established Member
Kinda stuck on the same thing.

AM says they made more with the boss mid and up top on spray then stock on spray. So the got what they lost in mid range and some due to it flowing better. On motor seems like u will loose some mid but n/a is over rated. Cool to see big numbers n/a but not cost effective for the average guy.

nocobrafornow

Established Member
yeah i read some of what they had posted, but i'm just wondering if someone has personally done it as proof. not saying they didn't. i only drive my car 1 or 2 days a week and chances are i'll only go through 1 bottle every 2 to 3 weeks and i don't want to slow it down to much on the motor.

GoneNsixty

Established Member
Get the intake. I picked up 55 hp from the stock intake up top and lost like 15# torque. I run the nx plate with the 100 jet it picked up exactly 100 hp and tq. I made 388/355 thru my auto and 488/478 on the 100.

Users who are viewing this thread