Active to Guard TMO Question

02Stang88

Established Member
Hey Guys
So my question is about TMO. I'm currently active duty AF but am looking at transfering to the guard in a 7 months once my contract is up. Will TMO cover my move, or is this just for active duty PCS? My main concern is my cars, I've heard they will ship one which is fine, I can drive my DD across country but I'd don't want to drive my Mustang from Tx to Pa so if they would ship it that would be ideal. Hope someone on here has had a similar experince that can answer this. Thanks in advance for the help!

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
Yes they'll move you household goods to your home of record. You can also do a partial dity move and put some of your stuff in your car, but they won't pay for shipping other vehicles. I drove one vehicle and had to pay out of my own pocket to ship my vehicles to Texas. It cost me 2100 to ship two vehicles. Just go and talk to your local TMO and they'll give you all the info you need. Finance will pay you mileage for you move also. So they'll pay you a certain amount per mile to your home of record. You'll get a certain amount of days travel from Texas to Penn.

02Stang88

Established Member
Thanks for the reply. Can I have them ship it and I just pay them, or do I have to go though a whole other company for that?

SHLBYLVR

Established Member
The TMO only deals with the shipping of the household goods. You'll need to contact someone to move your vehicle. Maybe you could have a friend/family fly down and drive it back for you. It would be cheaper. Being that you would be getting out in Spring, the weather should be better. Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread