Advice

BlackGT

SVT God
Established Member
I have a 99 GT and was wondering what i could do to get the most power without a turbo/supercharger, what kind of exhaust do you recommend, X or H pipe and what brand have you had the most power from, is MAC cold air worth it? and steeda timing adjuster? thanks

sukkoi19

Established Member
Id go with an X pipe, Dr gas or Bassani. Cold air kits are always good. Timing adjuster another very good mod. Depending on your car I would go with 3.73s 5-speed or 4.10 auto rearend gears. Go with a good catback flowmaster or borla. get some BBK headers and a MAF along with a chip. If you have an auto get a B&M shift improver, maybe some lower control arms. Those mods should get you deep in the 13s, you might want to consider some Nitto or BFG drag radials also. If you want some extra power you can always bolt on a 100 shot of nitrous, very cheap very relaible HP. I believe NOS makes a nice kit for your car. Depending on your mileage a good tune up is always preferable, good luck and enjoy your car. By the way the technical discussion forums are a better place to post stuff like this.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I second the motion on the purchase and use of Dr. Gas products, including their Spin Tech mufflers.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by BlackGT
thanks for the info and sorry about posting in the wrong spot
No prob. I'll put it in the "Mustang" section.

As for the advice: If you don't want NOS, as well. The modular 2Vs respond well to:

-Gears (3.73 or 4.10)
-CAI
-Pullies
-Timing Adjuster
-Off Road (no cats) H or X pipe. Mac ProChamber, especially

Grim's Reaper

NEXT.....................
Established Member
I have some common bolt-ons done to mine that add some hp. Bassani X and 2 chamber flow master cat back. I also have a BBK CAI system with a lightning mass air meter. , 3.73 rear-end gears are next, I would also recommend some under-drive pulleys. I chose Steeda and have had no electrical problems.
To top it all off, a JDM Superchip, this really works well for my auto GT, its like hanving an extra gear. :beer:
Just my $0.02

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread