Aftermarket Heads...

Tranzlucent

Invade and Terminate!
Established Member
Who makes them? Where Can I buy? I was just thinking down the road, I am positive that I have the tick, but the dealer says no. Just thinking might as well replace the damn heads and be done with it.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I think that over time there will be a need for aftermarket heads due to people getting the tick. The heads might be designed similar to the Ford GT, which had heads designed to combat the tick because the originals ticking. If such a design is even possible with our engines. Plus, this would just be another way our cars could pick up some serious hp.

03mineralg

Established Member
Get this months issue of 5.0 and see what they say about our heads. The parts on this motor are much better than you would think. If the tick does lead to something down the road then i'll worry about it.

j card

Established Member
Since there are cars running mid 6 to low 7 second quarter mile times (Mihovetz and Granatelli - maybe others) with stock heads (ported, but using stock castings), I doubt that we are going to see any aftermarket 4v heads for a long time - if ever. The market is too small, and there is no reason not to just modify the stock castings. The tick can be fixed without replacing the whole head with something from the aftermarket.

Users who are viewing this thread