Aftermarket shifters

jayiii

Speed Enthusiast
Established Member
Hey peoples...

Has anyone gone with an aftermarket shifter for their GT500? If so, which one? I have had some issues with the Steeda Tri-Ax for the GT500. Under normal conditions, it is great. But during full throttle apps, it tends to miss. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
that is the only shifter currently available. Once MGW makes one, that is what I am going to get.

jayiii

Speed Enthusiast
Established Member
I heard that the MGW shifter is the best. I think Pro 5.0 makes one for the GT500, but I heard that previous versions have too much whine. Anyone know of any improvements by using the Royal Purple tranny fluid? Sounds a little weird to me, but I have heard that it helps sometimes.... Input???

VNMOUS1

Established Member
jayiii said:
Hey peoples...

Has anyone gone with an aftermarket shifter for their GT500? If so, which one? I have had some issues with the Steeda Tri-Ax for the GT500. Under normal conditions, it is great. But during full throttle apps, it tends to miss. Anyone have a suggestion? Thanks!

Uh oh......just bought one. (Tri_ax) :shrug:

bj

jcthorne

Established Member
I have the tri-ax also. It is much better than stock but not near as good as the Hurst we had in our 05. I will likely replace it with an MGW when they come out. More money down the drain.....

Users who are viewing this thread