Air force jobs

03Black

Established Member
I took my asvab and I got a really good score so I qualified for many good jobs. I was thinking of doing something along the lines of intel analyst but when I was looking at the jobs there was many different intel jobs. which one would be best to join a branch like the fbi afterwards? I was looking at crypo linguist. How difficult is that?

Graves

Established Member
I'm a 1N2 (signals analyst). It's not a bad gig to get into, but there's a good chance you won't be doing exactly what you went to tech school for.

IMO, 1N3's have it made. They're the linguists and they go to Monterey, California for some of their tech school. They also get awesome re-enlistment bonuses. A friend from work just got $60k. You also get extra money every month for keeping your proficiency up, you'll actually do the job you were trained for. I think your choice of bases is a little better, too. It's not that it's difficult, it's just a long training process.

For 1N2's, it's about 9 or 10 months total. Last I heard, it's about right at a year for linguists, but well worth it.

03Black

Established Member
well i got a good score but nothing incredible on my afqt i got an 81 in mechanics i got a 92 in electrics i got 78 and the other sections i forgot what they are but they were in the low 80s

Users who are viewing this thread