air intake, advice please!

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
Ok my friend wants an air intake for his 05 f150 It has the 5.4 v8. He left it up to me, and you guys, to choose what intake to get.I was thinking the k&n 63-2556 as many people recommend. I was also thinking the s&b setup. If any of you have any recommendation and have try these intake or any other please let me know. and also post were you guys bough it. Thanx

spdkilz02

Established Member
the only thing i just noticed while looking at the jlt site is that with their intake a tune is a must with it...i know im definately not going that route since im still under warranty for one, and dont need to get all that outta the truck...i believe it is good the way it is just need a little more sound outta it...

spdkilz02

Established Member
i know that alot of people seem to be buying the air raid systems for their cars...atleast i pack alot of them everyday at work...

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
yeah I notice that too I dont think he will want to spend the xtra cash for the tune and he's also under warrenty, I was leaning towards the k&n aircharged I dont think my friend cares about not being legal in CA.

spdkilz02

Established Member
ya i totally agree about the extra money part...definately not something i was looking at going that deep into for it...

2veloce

Established Member
S&B is a nice set up. On my F150 I went with the Volant just my preference. Whatever you decide make sure it is covered and takes air in from the fender.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
I was reading on the gen2 forum about the shield that the k&N has and theres a gap right at the maf so i dont think that shield works that good it suck hot air feom the engine bay. might just go with the SB intake. Anybody with this kit?show some pics or something

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The tune will be one of the best easy mods you do on the truck, and you should not have any warranty issues with it if properly done.

SVT RELAMPAGO

28,348 kw lightning
Established Member
SID297 said:
The tune will be one of the best easy mods you do on the truck, and you should not have any warranty issues with it if properly done.

yeah I know what your saying but my friend said no cause is to much money.Anyways its his truck he just gave me permition to spend around 200-250 bucks. So anyone knows where to buy the sb intake for a good price??

spdkilz02

Established Member
is the sb intake box completely closed on the f150 one? i saw some pics of one with a plexi top and was wondering if all of them were like that?

wvmystichrome

Established Member
spdkilz02 said:
i know that alot of people seem to be buying the air raid systems for their cars...atleast i pack alot of them everyday at work...

Thats what I bought for mine about 3 - 4 years ago. The airraid system is alright. Definitley a lot louder. But I do not believe the increased fuel mileage was true. I believe I lost about 1 - mpg not picked up 1 - 2. The quality and of the parts are exceptional except you have to mount the Mass air meter upside down. I have been tempted to cut the bracket, rotate it, and have it rewelded. Thats the only thing I have found not to like.

Users who are viewing this thread