AIRAID is searching for a Phoenix-based Focus ST - FREE intake opportunity!

Airaid Filters

Established Member
Hello all!

AIRAID has decided to develop a Cold Air Intake system for the Focus ST, and we need your help! We are searching for people who live in the greater Phoenix area and currently own a Focus ST that would be interested in a free Cold Air intake system. You MUST be in the greater Phoenix area, own a 2013 Focus ST, and use the vehicle for regular commuting / daily driving. We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic about the car and wants to be a part of the development process (we encourage feedback.) We also much prefer a vehicle that is bone stock. If you meet these criteria and are interested, please PM us for more details!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I'd love to help, and I meet all criteria except the local part...lol. I hope SID doesn't string me up for this, but have you checked focusst.org? There are a bunch more ST owners over there than here, you'd probably have better luck finding someone who could help...

I'd send folks over here, but I'm new there and I don't think that'd go over real well.

Airaid Filters

Established Member
I'd love to help, and I meet all criteria except the local part...lol. I hope SID doesn't string me up for this, but have you checked focusst.org? There are a bunch more ST owners over there than here, you'd probably have better luck finding someone who could help...

I'd send folks over here, but I'm new there and I don't think that'd go over real well.

Thanks for the tip! The answer to your question is yes, but we would never want to leave out our favorite SVT site!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Cool. I wonder why I never saw that thread pop up...weird. You must have thrown that up there before I joined up last week. I figured someone would have jumped all over this and the thread would be near the top of the "today's posts" page. This is the second time you guys have done this that my location has screwed me..lol. Last time was with the 2011 Mustangs.

Oh well. I'm interested to see what you all come up with. Are you planning on something that will require a tune? I was surprised to find out after I got this car that they are Speed Density...I figured that approach went away a long time ago.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Cool. I wonder why I never saw that thread pop up...weird. You must have thrown that up there before I joined up last week. I figured someone would have jumped all over this and the thread would be near the top of the "today's posts" page. This is the second time you guys have done this that my location has screwed me..lol. Last time was with the 2011 Mustangs.

Oh well. I'm interested to see what you all come up with. Are you planning on something that will require a tune? I was surprised to find out after I got this car that they are Speed Density...I figured that approach went away a long time ago.

A lot of Dodge stuff is still speed density as was some of the early V6 EcoBoost.

I'm hoping the Airaid kit replaces everything all the way to the turbo.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
A lot of Dodge stuff is still speed density as was some of the early V6 EcoBoost.

I'm hoping the Airaid kit replaces everything all the way to the turbo.

Yeah I learned that after I found out this car was SD. I was just a little surprised by it.

I'll be interested to see what they come out with.

OP, do you guys have any kind of timeline in mind for when you'll be able to release more information about the kit?

StacyStangz

"Supercharged Stacy" - PR
Established Member
Thanks for the tip! The answer to your question is yes, but we would never want to leave out our favorite SVT site!

Good answer! I agree, SVTP is the place to find fans of performance & that definitely includes the Focus ST. I know I want one as a daily for sure! :rockon:

Airaid Filters

Established Member
OP, do you guys have any kind of timeline in mind for when you'll be able to release more information about the kit?

I can't release too many details right now, but it's going to be pretty cool from the drawings I've seen. As for release dates, that depends on how quick we can get our hands on a car! We have great relationships with lots of local dealers, but they've been selling STs as fast as they've been coming in, so it has been tough to get our hands on one for more than a couple of hourse!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I can't release too many details right now, but it's going to be pretty cool from the drawings I've seen. As for release dates, that depends on how quick we can get our hands on a car! We have great relationships with lots of local dealers, but they've been selling STs as fast as they've been coming in, so it has been tough to get our hands on one for more than a couple of hourse!

Stop making it sound cool...your making me bitter for not living closer. Not to mention that living closer would also mean living somewhere warm. This just adds to my feelings of bitterness. lol. :poke:.

I do know a couple of folks out your way, but they either drive a regular focus, or BMW's...so it's not any use to you at all. Good luck, and don't forget to dangle the carrot for us every once in a while once you do get someone willing to play.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Also, if you can't find anyone, I'll be glad to participate using the WTF's per minute method. Just mail me one you think will fit, I'll try to install it and have my wife time me and count off how many times I yell WTF during the process. I'll take pictures of what it looks like installed, along with the WTF's per minute, and we can just do that back and forth until we get down to an acceptable amount of cussing.

:beer:

weebz69

Established Member
Hey guys I have a Focus ST and I am moving to Phoenix area,well I'd be like an hour away in San Tan Valley AZ but I would be willing to workout something with you guys if you are still looking for a Focus ST sorry Im a month late or so, but let me know

Last edited:

Airaid Filters

Established Member
Weebz69,
At this time it looks like we have a local test car set up, BUT i will hit you up with a PM and get some contact info just in case it falls through.
Thanks Ben

Users who are viewing this thread