ALSO HAVING STARTING TROUBLE

CAROLINACRAZY

Established Member
I saw the post were 99BLKLITNG was having trouble getting his truck started. Mine has been doing the same thing in the morning when I first try to start the truck it will start like it is real bad flooded i have to keep tapping the gas several times to keep it running and even then it will cut off about 2 or 3 times after that it will run fine. I thought it must have been a problem with just my truck so I was going to take it to my local dealer to have it checked out but the service manager who is a friend of mine said i would need to take off my engine mods before having it checked out MAN THAT WOULD BE A PAIN. If anyone knows anything about this problem or what i can do please let me know i will be thankful.:fm:

Mods:
99 chome wheels
01 tail light ,heads,fogs,turns
5" aluminum drive shaft
lower pully , super chip
90mm mass air meter+boot , 12"filter
throttle body , Trans pan with shift kit , three gauge pod
JBA Headers, 3" pipes with borla Muffler
Trenz Polished billet grill

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Carolina:

How long has your fuel filter been in service--could be partially clogged?

Check your throttle plates for carbon/gunk--3M makes a teflon-friendly spray cleaner that can used up-side down.

Check your IAC(idle air control), a shiny, aluminum 'can'(about the size of a V8 juice can) bolted to the intake plenum on the passenger side. Take it off and try and clean the 'valve' inside the IAC. Cleaning doesn't always help--you may have to replace it?

Good luck,

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread