Am I crazy?

bssmith1220

Established Member
So I have had my 2011 for almost a week now and sometimes if you take off slow the damn thing goes from 1st to 4th. Is it me or does this thing have a skip shift feature like the GM's do? My dad bought his about a week before me and complained to me about it....I just told him he was a "no driving old man" haha, maybe not!:lol:

stang1971

Established Member
So I have had my 2011 for almost a week now and sometimes if you take off slow the damn thing goes from 1st to 4th. Is it me or does this thing have a skip shift feature like the GM's do? My dad bought his about a week before me and complained to me about it....I just told him he was a "no driving old man" haha, maybe not!:lol:
what rock have you been under? this has been explained a million times on ALL the mustang forums.. yes it does.. just simply accelerate more and its not an issue.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Mine shows me the prompt on the screen but Im still able to shift to second even when I dont pass 3000 rpm. It has never MADE me shift to 4th.

bssmith1220

Established Member
what rock have you been under? this has been explained a million times on ALL the mustang forums.. yes it does.. just simply accelerate more and its not an issue.

The rock that made me not really look at any info on these cars until I bought one which was less than a week ago. And like i said its only happened a few times...just catches you off gaurd.

AmnDucky

Established Member
Watch the screen, it will say "1 --> 4 shift for fuel economy". But I think you can push through it. Unlike with GM's cars, this is more of a suggestion, and will send you to 4th if you're just shifting with fingertips in traffic.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I swear I have never seen any screen say this, will mine say it even if its a base model? To be honest it only happens when I am not paying much attention an "fingertip shifting" as you say. Is it something that can be turned off in a tune?

Last edited:

AmnDucky

Established Member
I swear I have never seen any screen say this, will mine say it even if its a base model? To be honest it only happens when I am not paying much attention an "fingertip shifting" as you say. Is it something that can be turned off in a tune?

I am not sure if it doesnt show up in the base models. I dont know why it wouldnt, you have the hardware (shifter, screen, module, etc). I havent seen any way to turn it off yet. But it should come. I dont think tuners have put much thought into it because its so non-intrusive.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I did buy my car before they did the delivery inspection...maybe its something that gets turned on then? I also noticed that mine doesn't "ding" if my seatbelt is not on?

AmnDucky

Established Member
I did buy my car before they did the delivery inspection...maybe its something that gets turned on then? I also noticed that mine doesn't "ding" if my seatbelt is not on?

I dont know if mine does, I always have it on. But I know it takes a little time before it will ding for the passenger. And no, that is not something that would be turned on at the dealership.

bssmith1220

Established Member
I keep mine on too...I just mean if I take it off in the parking lot before I actually park all the way. No reason to not wear one, thats crazy!

CrazyCarlSVT

Established Member
It annoys the crap out of me. It does lock out 2nd and 3rd unless you pass a certain speed, or just wait a second or two to shift.

Users who are viewing this thread