And the Saga Continues

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
so here I sit in Kuwait. had a midnite showtime, got up there early, repacked my sea-bag, set up my flack vest and kevlar and sat and waited for what I was sure was gonna come. and yeppers ... right about 11:50 the announcement was made: "attention: if you are waiting for the flight to baghram with a midnite showtime that flight has been canceled". well shit. at least I am all packed up now and just have to wait for the damn replacement flight.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member
Damn.. Sorry that your flight was cancelled. I take it your gov contract you wanted was accepted..

mjohns930

Established Member
That is the worst announcement when you are a deployed and at the terminal ready to go. Are you at Arifjan or Ali Al Salem?

Stanger00

Established Member
Good luck. I've done that dance a few times first its maintenance issues than its crew rest and before you know it a sand storm comes in!

einehund

Established Member
I always hated that shit when it came time for R&R and then another chalk goes in front of you cause their plane is working and you get stuck for 3 days at ali asalem.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
LOL yeah guys it sucks majorly. I have rarely gotten stuck here like this even during peak travel times. Apparently there is a snow storm between here and there that has things boxed in. But I am holding out that the reason it got cancelled is that they are putting seats in the plane so we wont have to sit in cargo nets LOL.

Am in Ali. had bulgogi at the chinese place last night for dinner. ate at the chow hall for lunch today. figured I just as well get used to the post meal run to the john while it is convenient and I know where the shitters are.

Most of my shower shit is in the sea-bag which is in the cages up by tent 1, since they cancelled my bird I will just stink on the hoped for flight tonite *heh*

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Probably a C-5.
maybe. altho in the past it has been strictly c130 or c-17 still here ... two more were cancelled on us LOL! I hate this place. but it is what it is and just as well make the best of it

Users who are viewing this thread