Another good experience

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Figured I'd jump on the band wagon here and share my story.

Was traveling down I20 the other day from Midland to the DFW airport to pick someone up. The speed limit is 75mph about 98% of the time excluding work zones. I was on the phone and doing about 78mph in what I thought was still a 75mph zone when I look behind me and see a black and white approaching fast. I thought, "no way he is coming after me for only 3mph over."

I get in the slow lane and he pulls behind me and lights me up. When I travel I always have my handgun and leave it in the passenger seat. If I go inside anywhere and decide no to take it, very very rarely, I make sure to hide it. So the officer is pulling me over and I didn't have time to get the handgun out of the passenger seat, I could see he had the eagle eye on me. lol. Anyways, I thought he wouldn't see it when he walked up to my drivers side but of course he comes up to the passenger side. At this point I was like well, I'm screwed.

So I roll down the window and he tells me his name and why he pulled me over. I told him I did not realize it went down to 65mph, which I really didnt. He then asked for my license and insurance. At this point he looked down and saw my handgun. He then asked if it was mine to which I replied yes. Then he asked if I had a chl which I do and handed it to him. He took my papers and said okay sit tight and I'll be right back. Pretty surprised he just left the handgun sitting there.

He came back about 5 min later and I thought I was going to receive a ticket which was fine, 13mph over, it was my fault for not paying attention.

Well to my surprise he only gave me a written warning and sent me on my way. :-D

I was driving my dads tahoe tagged in Tx with my NC drivers license and NC chl and didn't have the handgun concealed. I was expecting a very different outcome. lol

Moral of the story, there are some very good officers still out there. I was as polite as I could be and so was he.

Users who are viewing this thread