Another GT500 Vert.

svtjunkie

you've got red on you
Established Member
DBK said:
Most of the stuff that has changed has nothing to do with "bean counters". The blower switch doesn't have anything to do with cost, or anything controllable by Ford. The IRS was never a solid proposition anyways, as a good portion of Cobra owners didn't want it, it was reaching, and probably already passed the limit of what it could handle, and it just doesn't make sense to build a mediocre/costly IRS when your new chassis with an SRA outperforms the previous car.

If the hood thing is true, it would have nothing to do with saving money. One hood vs. any other isn't going to cost any more money...

according to a drive train engineer at SVT, they had developed an IRS that would work and that none of the engineers at SVT wanted to ditch the IRS, but the decision came from "above." The problem wasn't that they didn't have the resorces or money, but the fact that one of the "brass" didn't want it.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
svtjunkie said:
according to a drive train engineer at SVT, they had developed an IRS that would work and that none of the engineers at SVT wanted to ditch the IRS, but the decision came from "above." The problem wasn't that they didn't have the resorces or money, but the fact that one of the "brass" didn't want it.
It's too bad we can't feel like we are getting the truth from Ford and their best effort on cars. It seems that when concepts roll out, they have finally gotten it together and produced what we are looking for, then the production car comes out and several of the goodies have disappeared and we hear 10 different reasons why. None of which are really satisfying. Stop playing bait and switch games with us and give us back the twin screw and functional hood.

jrscobra

blank
Established Member
USC BME said:
What disappoints me is that you can't take these guys at their words. :bash: Some of you I'm sure remember the interview HTT gave in Motor Trend in regards to how much they've learned from the FR500 racing program. The concept hood was specifically designed this way because they realized how much air and heat built up under the hood. Geez, do we really believe him now as to why there is no IRS? :shrug:

I wish we could get an interview from the bean counters, then I bet we can get solid information as to what will really come out.

Who are these Bean Counters? I always hear about them ruining our cars, but does anyone ever actually see them or get the opportunity to speak to them about a car. Do they have the FINAL say in a cars production? Do HTT and Shelby actually get anything accomplished? This car is nothing but an idea if the "bean counters" get the final say! :mj:

Who are the bean counters? Whats their contact info? How can we talk to them?

jr

orange2004cobra

Established Member
Cobra03 said:
I really want to see a rollbar or pop up roll system on thsi car. Without it this car is a non-starter for me. I am tired of being turned away from track days at road courses for not having a roll bar, while all the other high end convertibles (M3, 911, etc.) get to run because they have hoops or pop up roll systems.

I am not going to install one in my '03 or on this GT because it will kill the rear seats which is the whole point of the car for me (not to mention aethetics and resale value). If I did not need the rear seats I would buy a used Viper, 911 or a Corvette.

I agree totally...
L.

USC BME

Established Member
jrscobra said:
Who are these Bean Counters? I always hear about them ruining our cars, but does anyone ever actually see them or get the opportunity to speak to them about a car. Do they have the FINAL say in a cars production?

jr

Though I'm over simplifying it, like any Major Corporation, I'm sure Ford has several executive committees at different levels. Lets say the engineers & architects have their parts bins, plaster up great concepts :rockon: (ie - mach III, FR500, cobra jet, V-10 boss, etc.) but when the accountants & financial planners look at the cost, overhead, profit, etc. all the reports go to the top governing board and makes the so called "decision from above". :nono:

Most of us realize that no prototype will ever make it unchanged to the showroom floor. But don't tell every major magazine that what was seen at the NYAS was 95% representative, bait us, and then take away major design pieces. To me, 5% under appreciates the absence of a twin screw, no front splitter, fakie hood vents, ? no defuser, ? loss of interior leather adornments.

If HTT said, "well, its a work in progress because some pieces are not production feasible", then I would say, wow great concept, when finalized, give us the details so I can decide if I want to give you $40K+ for it. If he said that, would all these guys (? gals too) who went and put down $1K+ or so to be on a "list" for 1yr+ be hanging on every thread, magazine article, etc. and getting anxiety attacks? :bash:

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
It's too bad we can't feel like we are getting the truth from Ford and their best effort on cars. It seems that when concepts roll out, they have finally gotten it together and produced what we are looking for, then the production car comes out and several of the goodies have disappeared and we hear 10 different reasons why. None of which are really satisfying. Stop playing bait and switch games with us and give us back the twin screw and functional hood.

Sadly, I agree. We are losing parts on this thing on a weekly basis. WTF?!?!? :mj:
If this continues, the car that comes out next year will only be a sshadow of what we saw as the GT500 concept. I want my GT500 back. Scoops, twin screw, aero package and all. MY .02 :cuss:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
USC BME said:
Though I'm over simplifying it, like any Major Corporation, I'm sure Ford has several executive committees at different levels. Lets say the engineers & architects have their parts bins, plaster up great concepts :rockon: (ie - mach III, FR500, cobra jet, V-10 boss, etc.) but when the accountants & financial planners look at the cost, overhead, profit, etc. all the reports go to the top governing board and makes the so called "decision from above". :nono:

Most of us realize that no prototype will ever make it unchanged to the showroom floor. But don't tell every major magazine that what was seen at the NYAS was 95% representative, bait us, and then take away major design pieces. To me, 5% under appreciates the absence of a twin screw, no front splitter, fakie hood vents, ? no defuser, ? loss of interior leather adornments.

If HTT said, "well, its a work in progress because some pieces are not production feasible", then I would say, wow great concept, when finalized, give us the details so I can decide if I want to give you $40K+ for it. If he said that, would all these guys (? gals too) who went and put down $1K+ or so to be on a "list" for 1yr+ be hanging on every thread, magazine article, etc. and getting anxiety attacks? :bash:
exactly. If they are going to change that much, don't tell us it is 95% complete. If you count that it has an engine, 4 wheels, seats and a Cobra emblem as 95%, then I guess they didn't mislead us.

And yes, I am having anxiety attacks while waiting for this car.

Last edited:

USC BME

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
that hood looks like it is a lot different. It looks like the vents are gone and replaced with a bump in the hood with 2 FAKE vent-like covers. I sure hope not, I thought HTT was against fake adornments.

Where did you find that pic?

Sorry to write this, and I don't mean to offend any gals reading this thread...

But I was joking with my wife that there are probably so many people out there that Ford has lured in with the NYAS photos, and most are not aware of these changes. Its like agreeing to an arranged marriage after seeing a beautiful girl's picture once, and then you're in the honeymoon suite realizing that she was wearing a lot of make-up, wig, a padded bra, shoulder pads, and a girdle to hold it all in. Or worse, finding out she's a drag queen :eek:
Again, not trying to offend anyone, but had to share my bad joke :lol:

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
USC BME said:
Sorry to write this, and I don't mean to offend any gals reading this thread...

But I was joking with my wife that there are probably so many people out there that Ford has lured in with the NYAS photos, and most are not aware of these changes. Its like agreeing to an arranged marriage after seeing a beautiful girl's picture once, and then you're in the honeymoon suite realizing that she was wearing a lot of make-up, wig, a padded bra, shoulder pads, and a girdle to hold it all in. Or worse, finding out she's a drag queen :eek:
Again, not trying to offend anyone, but had to share my bad joke :lol:
I guess we'll have to start referring to our hood vents as "falsies"

1993cobramustan

P'O'd SVT POSTER
Established Member
SVT confirmed to me there will be convt's

pan7eraboyca said:
And I thought they said they wouldnt make a GT500 Vert?

Its all good!!

I talked to SVT about 30 days ago, and they stated that convertibles should be available when the cars are produced, as in previous years of SVT Cobra production......Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread