Another HP Question

icehoc8

Established Member
A stock 2000 Lightning has 360hp, correct? Now that isn't at the wheels, correct? So at the wheels it is between 306hp and 324hp? (10% to 15% loss), correct? I used a G-tech tonight and three hp numbers - 285,303,314. Does this sound about right? I also made three 1/4 mi times and my best was [email protected], does that sound about right? My mods are magnaflow muffler for now. Chip, MAS, filter, oil cap are coming.
Thanks

99BlackBolt

Established Member
360 is correct... Usually 10% loss at rear wheels so 320-330... G-techs aren't too accurate... 1/4 mile with only muffler will get between a 13.6-14.0... MPH on the g-techs are far off... You should trap at 98-100 mph... I run with flowmaster mufflers, JDM warm weather chip , 75 shot of NOS, M/T et streets , cold air induction and oil breather cap and run high 12's at 107 mph... Best bet is to take it to the track and run it down the 1/4 and see what it does...

Later, Justin

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
I also use the g/tech, and I ran a 13.8 stock w/about 200 miles.After that my best time is on my signature below.As far as the track is concerned, some guys don't have a track near by and the drive is more that 100 miles.A g'tech in my opinion should be used before and after a mod install so that you can see if there were any gains.

99BlackBolt

Established Member
I'm not saying not to use a g-tech... I think that they are a top notch product except that your 60ft and mph are not accurate... The 1/4 mile times on the g-tech seem to be close... I agree with 2001SVTMAN about testing any new mod on the g-tech...

Later, Justin

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
G-Techs are ok as far as 'estimating' performance, but I wouldn't get depressed (or impressed for that matter!) with the numbers they show you. Best thing to do is find a drag strip and let 'er rip!

Other than the strip, the best I've heard of is the Vericom Performance Meter. Much more accurate than G-Tech, and more expensive too!

Users who are viewing this thread