Another Perspective on the GT

Paul Vincent

Established Member
I found this on a Viper site, and I thought you'd be interested in reading it:

I just spent a whole lotta time in the Ford GT, and it's truly on it's own planet in the sports car world. It's so smooth, has so much grip, piles on such never ending power, and is so well designed it can't be compared to anything sub 250k IMO. A passenger that just spent some time in a 300k Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale said the power and grip of that car was a joke comparatively. The car is put together like a rock compared to any other American sports cars I've been(Viper, Vette) and the f&f is worlds apart from either of those cars. The seats are fantastic, the controls and layout are excellent, the shifter is precise and smooth, and the pedals are placed very well.

I obviously didn't head to head my Z06 that runs low 11's in the mid to upper 120's, but it'd be a fair assessment IMO that they'd produce comparable #'s. Except that the GT can do things on turns no car I've ever been in can. The steering is amazing direct and linear. It's like an F1 car compared to the Z06. Talk about stability up near the limits. It's got grip until you can't believe what the car is doing, and then it produces even more. And once the car gets going, there is absolutely NO stopping it. It's like it's actually getting quicker the faster you go. If I were a betting man, I'd say it'd make it to 200mph in a tick over 30 seconds.

I'm in no way talking down the Viper, but get some seat time in a GT, and you'll realize that you pay that $139,995 for a reason... It's not rampant american jingoism when I say the Ford GT is probably the most amazing car you can buy in the world today(and IMO the greatest American ever built).

BillyGman

50BMG target shooter
Established Member
Thanks for that review Paul. That must have been quite a privilage for you to be able to drive one of those cars. I'll be doing good if I can ever merely get a ride in one, let alone drive one.

Paul Vincent

Established Member
BillyGman, Sorry about the mixup. I only posted the article. I did not get to ride in a GT (the closest I've gotten to a GT was to see one at the Autoshow in '03 & '04).

ixi

What Would Fonzi Do?
Established Member
i had a ride in a GT a couple days ago and it was the mosk amazing experience of my life. It is fast, and first girls ends at 60+mph, its a great feeling. Love the interior and the ability to see the engine from your seat is sweet too.

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
That was actually posted by me. I'll end up posting more pictures once I get the net back up at the house because I've got about a 150 of em, and I'll probably do a more in depth analysis of the car. I'd like to think I've driven some heavy machinery, but nothing compares to driving the Ford GT. My 500rwhp Z06 is no contest and the 390hp Jaguar feels like someone took the blower off.

Here's the only two I got uploaded before the modem kicked it.

the_arsenal1.jpg

ford_gtsmall.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread