Antenna On Rear Window

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
When I bought my '95, there was an antenna on the rear window - it's adjustable (up & down), and there are no wires on the inside. I saw somewhere on the Internet, where you could buy an antenna that looked similar, and it actually amplified the signals coming into the car for your cell phone. Anyone know about this?

If it's actually doing that, I don't want to take it off - but if it's just some Auto Clone piece of crap, I'll get the razor blade after it.

These photos aren't close-ups, and I don't have a digital camera anymore, but see what you think ...

Dan

http://users2.ev1.net/~w8368/must2.htm

Last edited:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Oh yes ... I posted this in the "Antenna Too Long Post:"

I cut mine tonight - took about 10 - 12 inches off it. Got a little scratched on the "ball," but I touched it up, and it's drying now. (Hope it still works with paint on it!)

Have any of you ever had the screws come loose, that are under that plastic base? If they do, the whole base wobbles. I took mine off (while sweating blood, trying not to scratch or dent the fender), and found that some jerk had been in there before, and had stripped the hole out on one of the screw holes. I wrapped the screw in teflon plumber's tape, put it back in, and it has never moved since!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread