Any 9sec. lightnings??

TwoToneFreak

MMMM, Spintechs!!
Established Member
Hey guys just curious, maybe I should have put this in the Lightning forum, but there is a guy on a local board who says he has a 9 sec. 1/4mi. lightning??? If so how come I haven't heard of this truck or seen it any top magazines?? So my question is who has the fastest lightning in the land??:beer:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
I didn't think there were any 9 second 2nd generation lightnings. There are some 9 sec. and faster 1st generation L's though.

Mo Boost

Sunshine on the Darkside
Established Member
Originally posted by TwoToneFreak
Hey guys just curious, maybe I should have put this in the Lightning forum, but there is a guy on a local board who says he has a 9 sec. 1/4mi. lightning??? If so how come I haven't heard of this truck or seen it any top magazines?? So my question is who has the fastest lightning in the land??:beer:

This is the fastest one Ive seen anywhere, so far.

http://www.johnnylightningperf.com/

10.44s @ 126.66mph for the 1/4....and no nitrous.:eek:

Aaron_01

Banned
Originally posted by SNCBOOM
I didn't think there were any 9 second 2nd generation lightnings. There are some 9 sec. and faster 1st generation L's though.

Well that beefy 5.4 SOHC with Whipple WP201 should be in the runnings for some 9 second slips if you ask me. He should be making what, 800 or something his post said

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Don is running in the 10s and he's at something like 650/760

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Originally posted by Aaron_01
So then if that one motor should be putting out around 800 than you can expect 9s in stock trim

I'd say so

Established Member
BS!! Unless that chit is gutted. I think JL and Sal @ PSP have the fastest 2nd gen L's. Both in the mid 10's.

Aaron_01

Banned
I know of a few Ls in the 10s. JDMs truck, PSPs truck, JLs truck, Vinnies truck, and I know there is a guy in these neck of the woods running 10s. They are all street weight, and Vinnies is cageless and a DD

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Seen a few Lightnings in Cali running from High 11's to Low 10's.
I was supposed to watch a 9'sec Lightning by a dude named Donte<sp> but he only managed a 10.18x....

BTW even if it wasnt a 9sec pass the front of the truck got of the ground twice :eek: :rockon:

1 of them isnt gutted out but he does have a NX Kit.

Users who are viewing this thread