Any early 5.0 Cobra work in 94 Cobra??

94FiveOhCOBRA

*=Boobs Are Awesome=*
Established Member
Will any 89-93 5spd computer work in a 94 Cobra or just 93 Cobra...Guess i'm sure it would work but i was just wondering i saw where lot of ppl have 93 Cobra Computers due to the "bog". So guess does anyone think i should stick with the stock computer or look into buying a earlier 5.0 ecm..thanks

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Ive stuck with my stock computer (we have the same one). Its not bad, but i am definitely getting a chip after i buy headers. But the 93 computer is a better computer. Also a PIH will also solve the computer problems.

Andrew

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
Performance Improvement (Inhancement) Harness. I suggest searching for PIH on this site and you will find lots of info on it. It sounds like a pretty good mod to me.

Andrew

Lee

Established Member
The 93 Cobra ECU isn't that much better than the 94, if at all. The GT ECUs are better, and the PIH are the way to go. But, I'll probably just go with a chip because I don't want to change out the harness.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
Originally posted by Lee
The 93 Cobra ECU isn't that much better than the 94, if at all. The GT ECUs are better, and the PIH are the way to go. But, I'll probably just go with a chip because I don't want to change out the harness.

I am gonna try to use a 94-95 GT computer it seems alot better than the cobra one.....Let us know what gains a chip gets ya, I have yet to see a '94 '95 Cobra with one.....

Scream'nCobra

Established Member
I plan on getting a Diablo chip once i get headers. Can i get a PIH and a chip? Are they compatible with each other? Or do i just get it flashed with the PIH?

Users who are viewing this thread