Any Indy owners around???

smokey

Established Member
Just wondering if any Indy guys frequented this site.

As I explained in the "Introduce yourself" section, I will hopefully be a '03 Cobra owner w/in the next few months (new job). I was just curious if any guys around here had any advice as to which dealership I should "work with." Any good or bad experiences?

I have read a great deal of info on this site and its been very helpful. The whole "rebate" discussion as well as "negotiation" advice has been very beneficial. Also, the sticky on what to look for when purchasing the '03 Cobra (tick, all that stuff) was great. I will surely consider all of those points heavily before I go in and talk with the dealers.

I was just wondering one thing though: 390hp, 390lbs/torque, I can't imagine this puppy drives well in the winter. If I get this car, it will be my only car (my wife has a car that can get around in the winter though)...my daily commute to work will be approx. 5 miles and I don't plan on driving it many miles other than that. Do you guys think I'll be allright? I assume many of you have 2nd cars so I don't know how much experience you all have...but it is a question that's been bothering me.

The only other car I've been looking at is an Infiniti G35 Coupe..and I mean, c'mon, you look at a Cobra and then a G35 and, well, c'mon...so any advice/thoughts, etc.. would be MUCH appreciated on any of these above mentioned subjects!

Thanks.

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
Tom Wood up on 96th and Keystone is where I would put my money and time. I talked with one of 3 MASTER mechanics in the shop, they appear to be Mod friendly, ;). I test drove one there as well, can't remember sales rep name now for the life of me though. I believe when I test drove one she said she was leaving in a few months so probably wouldn't help you any.

I was REAL close to getting one, but decided to buy my house instead and to further restore my 66'. So it looks like an 06' will be in my future. I tell you what though, the damn thing(03') is MEAN AS HELL!!!

Any other questions, don't hesitate to message me.

Mike

P.S. SVTOA meetings are taking place at Kenny Brown, 57D Gasoline Alley, I've been meaning to stop by at one of them but work has held me over on more than one occasion but I will make it to one soon I hope.

Wildpony_2

Oh Really......
Established Member
That Tom Wood Dealer is also a Roush dealer as well.

Only other SVT Dealer I know of in town is Alderman Ford, 5500 North Keystone Ave. They seemed pretty kewl as well, they also are a Saleen dealer.

Hope this helps.

smokey

Established Member
Wildpony_2,

Hey, thank you very much for taking the time to post that. Tom Wood on 96th and Keystone is where I looked a bit on Sunday (tried to get in with no salesmen around :) )

How is Burd Ford? I saw they had a decent deal going on - giving a few thousand in rebates I believe. Anyway, thanks again, I will check up on all these dealerships. That's one really nice thing about Ford - there are a few dealers in town so you can at least have options.

smokey

Established Member
Originally posted by Wildpony_2
I didn't think Burd Ford was an SVT Dealer?

I'm not 100% sure, but when I got on thier website they had a few SVT's with nice rebate's. Maybe they just became one? Or maybe I was surfing the internet looking for cars too late at night or something and made a mistake :)

DPS

Established Member
I bought mine from Alderman. They were the only ones that would deal on price. I couldn't get anywhere with Tom Wood, they were stuck on sticker price. Ask for Gary Creg at Alderman. Tell them Darin sent you. I bought a Black 03 there last March. Good Luck.

:beer:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
Burd Ford is one of the dealer sponsors for Indy SVTOA. They should be able to take care of you. They are talking about selling Kenny Brown mods through the dealership. I bought my L at Bloomington Ford. I didn't want to drive to Indy for service, warranty work, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread