Any Navy guys?

7.62x51

Established Member
I'm 25, thinking of picking CTR as a backup rate at MEPS. Anybody have input on CTR? Just looking for something with a short A school just in case.

Thanks in advance!

MustangSteveGT

Buck
Established Member
I'm 25, thinking of picking CTR as a backup rate at MEPS. Anybody have input on CTR? Just looking for something with a short A school just in case.

Thanks in advance!

I'm Navy. I'm a corpsman though.
Are you referring to a type of cryptologist? CT? My wife was a CT. I believe there has long since been some merging going on with other communication/intel rates.
My wife told me the CT's that didn't have a C school in addition to their A school had to do all the C school CT's tech work for them and got pimped out all the time to work details while the CT techs that went to C school didn't. That was just on her ship though and in her experience.
If this is what you're talking about then I would push to get anything in writing you can saying you have a C school, if you can. But that might not be possible until you get through A school or at least get your security clearance.

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
CTR good rate, CTN even better... im an IT...its a good rate, if you like to have a chillax area on a ship... but the CT's get there hands more dirty with electronics and networks and crypto...

go with whatever has the biggets bonus and is in demand...come re-up ull thank me

MPRT_H8R

Established Member
have you looked at other branches of the service? i would never tell someone not to join something they really wanted to join but maybe there are jobs in the other services that you might like more. maybe just look into and see what the others have to offer. i have been in the navy for over 15 years and have actually enjoyed 3 of them. whatever you decide best of luck to you~!

mustanginsin

Loyal To None
Established Member
I'm in the CT community and from all the CTRs that I know, it is a very good rate to get into. Personally, I'd swing the CTN way because I think they do cooler things with their knowledge. You may be sitting in an air conditioned space but for as hard as some people work physically, you'll be working just as hard mentally so it's definitely not something to take lightly. .That being said, you really can't go wrong with either of those choices. The CTR school is currently 4 months long and I believe the CTN school is about 6 months.

Users who are viewing this thread