Any of you guys use Zaino products?

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
I just picked up the Cobra (black) and want to wax her up before it gets too cold. I don't really want to use that Maguires crap, and my gn buddies use to always talk about Zaino, but I never got around to trying it. Do any of you use it, and if so, is it as good as advertised? Thanks!

Striker

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I have used it, but it is old news. There are much better products out there now IMO. As SID297 would say, don't become a Zaino Zombie.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Lol, thanks so whats out there better?

Edit: Ok I see you use tropicare, I will check it out, thanks...Striker

Last edited:

Scott P

Established Member
Originally posted by 99BlackCobra
zaino sucks that **** sticks to your car and wont come off with out mad scrubbing, F$@# Them.

Ok, comments like that really don't add any value to the discussion at hand.

Zaino is an excellent product that comes off quite easily when applied in thin coats as per the directions. I have used it many times with succes. I now prefer other products, but I still respect Zaino.

Last edited by a moderator:

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
I went from Zaino to Meguairs....nothing against Zaino other than its a pain to ordrer and then have to waite for it to show up......Meguairs profesional products and thier NXT is just as good (IMO) and can be bought locally....

1swt281

Established Member
maybe you guys arent using the zaino right every ones car on here that has been waxed by zaino looks awsome

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Originally posted by 1swt281
maybe you guys arent using the zaino right every ones car on here that has been waxed by zaino looks awsome

I had no problem with the way my car looked with Zaino, I just feel that I can get the same results with less hassle/exspense....The only real draw backs to Zaino in my opinion are 1: only available on line and 2: if you dont use the
zxf (I think thats what its called) it takes forever to dry 3: if you do use the zxf you have to throw away the product you mixed but didn't need...

jster171

CRACKER
Established Member
I use it as well as there other products. After your first application, you'll get the feel for how much wax to use in the bottle so you dont have to throw anything away the next time. As of now, its the best stuff I've ever used. For me, I order ALOT of stuff online anyway, to include ALL of my mods to my Lightning, not mention a ton of other stuff. So thats no big deal for me. You'll get many opinions on waxes, just go with your gut and whatever you use, follow the application instructions to a "T" for best results.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
Wow thanks for the replies fellas. I think I may try it just to see, guess thats the only way I'll ever know for sure how it looks on my car lol. Thanks again, and any other opinions are welcomed.

blowngt

Established Member
I have a black GT and I have tried a ton of stuff to remove swirl marks and protect the paint. This is the combo I use:

To remove swirl marks, I use 3M Perfect It Polish for Dark colors. This needs to be used with a high speed rotery. If you don't have expierence with one, I suggest getting someone to teach you how to use it, or you will burn your paint.

Next I follow this up with the Zaino swirl mark remover (I forgot the offical #??). I know that people say that this doesn't remove the swirl marks, just hides them. While I agree with this statement, I use it because I feel that it helps give the paint a deeper shine. After a few coats of this, I then use the Zaino show car finish. I've never used anything that was this easy to apply, and to remove.

Now, if there is a product out there that will give me the same results, with less work, then I'm all for it. The only draw back with using Zaino is that it takes alot of coats to get your desired results.

Things have been made easier now that I've descoverd the Porter Cable buffer and microfiber towels.

IMO, Zaino is worth the $$$ and time needed for it to work.

NXGHOST

Established Member
If you want a product that not only give the same results but better and less work, try Klasse.

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Scott P
Ok, comments like that really don't add any value to the discussion at hand.

Zaino is an excellent product that comes off quite easily when applied in thin coats as per the directions. I have used it many times with succes. I now prefer other products, but I still respect Zaino.

I agree scott, could'nt have said it any better. I was a long term zaino user but I changed to the new wet look I get from clearkote as I changed over for good as that Vanilla Moose is the sh!t:rockon: I put 3 coats on and my car still looks better then ever and pics soon. I'll get on that tommorow.

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
I use the Meguire's Deep Crystal System Polish, step 2, followed by the New NXT wax. This creates the closest look to Zaino that I have ever seen, though done properly the Zaino still seems to have a little better clarity, especially on darker vehicles. I just haven't gotten my hands on the Zaino yet.

ls1pwrd02ss

if anyone is considering tropicare please pm me or steve at tropicare to get a sample out to you guys the sample is free all that we ask is 2 dollars to cover shipping. im out of new orleans and steve is out of dallas and we are both very promt with getting the product out to you and are willing to help out in anyway that we can.

striker_29

One Man Gang
Established Member
ls1pwrd02ss said:
if anyone is considering tropicare please pm me or steve at tropicare to get a sample out to you guys the sample is free all that we ask is 2 dollars to cover shipping. im out of new orleans and steve is out of dallas and we are both very promt with getting the product out to you and are willing to help out in anyway that we can.

Sent you a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread