Any OFFICIAL word on shelby mustang?

JamesT

Established Member
I can't be specific but, when I was at SEMA I went to the Shelby facility. I talked to them about the chasis that looked like it was on their floor ;-) . We discussed the wish lists, wants and needs. We had a long discussion concerning IRS or SLA, I am thinking the IRS won. We had a discussion about the T56, a 6 speed is being seriously considered.

I can't wait to see it either, especially after seeing the Shelby Expedition that was at SEMA.

You are in LV, go up and take a tour of the plant. You might be surprised what you will see. If you need a contact name for the tour, let me know.

Last edited:

Wildpony

Established Member
I wonder if this is why no hood manufacturer has stepped up to make a '67 style Shelby hood for these '05's ?? I think the dual air intakes on the front end of that hood would look great on the '05's..

Wildpony

Established Member
Maybe the '68 hood is the one I'm thinking of. That (IMO) was the best hood ever put on a 'Stang. The only thing close was the '96-'98's or the 2000 R hoods.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
JamesT said:
when I was at SEMA I went to the Shelby facility. I talked to them about the chasis that looked like it was on their floor ;-)

A couple of friends also saw a S197 platform at the Shelby facility. They showed them the concept but wouldn't let them bring in a camera.

The bigger question.. Will the Shelby Mustang be announced before the Cobra?

Non-SVT dealers hope the Shelby comes first; SVT dealers hope for both.

PGreenSVT

Established Member
The CDC hood has a scoop similar to the 67 but not quite it. The 68 scoop is the one that came way out to the front of the car. I prefer the 67 myself but that is from fond memories of the 67 GT500 I once had.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Talked to a Ford rep yesterday. Rep said they just had a meeting in Detroit and to look for something Shelby (Mustang) in the near future.....we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread