Any plans on adding a telescoping steering wheel in the next few years?

anthb314

Established Member
Right now I'm holding off on buying a 5.0 gt until they add a telescoping steering wheel as an option. Does anyone know if this is in the works in the next few years? If not I might have to buy something else, which sucks because I really love the 5.0 gts otherwise.

BOD89LX

Established Member
I have not read of any plans for a telescoping wheel, maybe if they change to a world car. I dont think there is much demand for this option in a pony car. Why is that option keeping you from buying a mustang?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
In my opinion it's not something that is really necessary with this type of car. The seating position is designed to put you where you need to be to get the most from the vehicle.

Unless as stated above the car becomes a world car and starts differentiating itself from it's core roots, I wouldn't expect to ever see a telescoping wheel in this car. In fact I don't think you'll see it in it's competition either. That would be my guess anyway.

Skeltor

Getting old sucks
Established Member
Seriously? A telescoping wheel is keeping you from buying the best N/A Mustang ever?

JL-KA

Established Member
Yeah that's ridiculous. Unless you have the legs of a 6'8" body with the arms of a 5'4" body it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
My wife's car has it and mine doesn't. Is it a nice luxury? Yes. I don't feel like I'm missing anything in my car though.

chuckstang

Established Member
I have always hated the seating position in a Mustang cause of no telescoping wheel. Unbelievable they dont have one yet

kevinp

Established Member
I would like to have one, hell my jeep and pickup truck have telescopic wheel, I'm 6'4 and with the seat almost all the way back its a reach to the wheel unless the seatback is almost vertical. I dont 'like' it but it didnt stop me from buying one.

IMO non-folding exterior mirrors scream 'cheapass Ford' more than a non-telescoping wheel :)

Cant have everything, for the performance you get for 30 grand you are going to have to compromise a bit..

Users who are viewing this thread