Any regrets about buying your Marauder?

69 Resto-mod cp

Established Member
Toying with the idea of getting a Marauder...I have an 03' Cobra (which I love) but the reality of it is it's not that functional for a family ride. We have a 99' Expedition that we mostly use for family duties but on occation we need to use somthing else. I guess my question is, how fun is the Marauder? I know it's not a Cobra... Does it corner? Does it have some get up and go or just look cool? Tell me why you like or dislike yours??

Thanks

TR

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by 69 Resto-mod cp
Toying with the idea of getting a Marauder...I have an 03' Cobra (which I love) but the reality of it is it's not that functional for a family ride. We have a 99' Expedition that we mostly use for family duties but on occation we need to use somthing else. I guess my question is, how fun is the Marauder? I know it's not a Cobra... Does it corner? Does it have some get up and go or just look cool? Tell me why you like or dislike yours??

Thanks

TR

Well for pure speed its not any where close to a 03 Cobra. But really nothing can even compete with a Marauder in its price range and still haul 5 full size people and have 21 Cubic feet of space in the trunk. I did a 15.214 @ 93.23 in 85 degrees in July.
But some have broken into the high 14's totally stock. On handeling it does a .86 G's on a 200 Ft skid pad compare to the 350Z at .88G's
With just my JDM chip,4.10's, and Accufab 65mm TB I should be in the low 14's (Keeping fingers crossed on this until April.) Price wise you should get a 300A for around $25,000 or $28,000 for 2004 This includes any rebates and incentives on these prices but If you are buying one shop around first. But the other plus is you don't see yourself at every Stoplight where the Cobras look way to much like every other V6 Stang if you don't know what to look for.

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Good post, might I add a lightly used 300a can be had for under $18,000 if you look hard enough :beer: :beer: or between $18,000-$19,500 almost in my price range :beer: :beer:

TJSwoboda

Established Member
If you want something fun with four doors, a backseat and a pricetag in the low-mid 30s, how about a BMW 325? It's no Cobra, but with a manual tranny it's faster than the 03 Marauder (which for all its HP posted only 7.7 seconds in the 0-60 run; the 325 5spd should be about 7.1), handles incredibly well... And did I mention the manual tranny? :D For about what the 03 Cobra costs, you can get a 330i sport package with the 6spd and 235 HP.

If your kids are teenagers, the backseat in the 3-series might be a little cramped. If they're younger, then IMO a Bimmer is the perfect solution. Hell, trade the Cobra and the Expedition in and get a 530... :)

--T.J.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Originally posted by TJSwoboda
If you want something fun with four doors, a backseat and a pricetag in the low-mid 30s, how about a BMW 325? It's no Cobra, but with a manual tranny it's faster than the 03 Marauder (which for all its HP posted only 7.7 seconds in the 0-60 run; the 325 5spd should be about 7.1), handles incredibly well... And did I mention the manual tranny? :D For about what the 03 Cobra costs, you can get a 330i sport package with the 6spd and 235 HP.

If your kids are teenagers, the backseat in the 3-series might be a little cramped. If they're younger, then IMO a Bimmer is the perfect solution. Hell, trade the Cobra and the Expedition in and get a 530... :)

--T.J.

No flames intended but I'm glad so many people think the MM is a high 7 sec 0-60 car. Its priceless when DE Jr. want to be pulls along side of me in Daddys and Mommies Grocery Getter Accord
and thinks that it can just walk the Marauder. I like Car & Driver for making every Honda owner out there think the Marauder is so slow. But want to put up numbers the 3 series BMW is what 25,000+ units while the 2003 Marauder was only made around 7800 units. Now like I said earlier at least I don't see myself at every intersection while I see at least 5 BMW3 series and about 3 5 series a day.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
You absolutely...... MUST DRIVE .... a Marauder.....If you buy something w/o driving one......:nonono: shame on you.
You will not believe the handling, for a car this size....
03 and up total front suspension was redone, rack, new arms, hydroformed frame, watts link rear,.........and that SWEET,SWEET ENGINE:rockon:
not to mention:coolman: :bowdown:
you got "the men in black", and "the blues brothers" vibe going big time
Make sure you drive one!!!! :beer:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Originally posted by TJSwoboda
Hmm... C/D's numbers were in error, I take it? In that case, the Marauder might be a good buy, although for me I'd want a 6spd. Are there still any plans for a three pedal Marauder?

--T.J.
still???
not that i'm aware of.........:)

Coil99

Right you are, Ken.
Established Member
Originally posted by 69 Resto-mod cp
I have an 03' Cobra (which I love) but the reality of it is it's not that functional for a family ride.

I'm about in the same place as you. In the not-too-distant future I'll really need four doors.

Coil99

Right you are, Ken.
Established Member
P.S. How do you like your FSVT?

Originally posted by nocarey
I've heard rumblings of a "supercharged" MM coming in '06

I heard rumors of the same thing in a few different places. I wonder what will be offered by SVT (or other performance vehicles) when the dust settles in '06.

nocarey

Established Member
Coil99 asked. . .P.S. How do you like your FSVT?
The FSVT is small and great fun to drive but it makes a terrible clicking noise at idle that sounds like valves ticking in colder weather. :mj: It's actually the fuel injectors believe it or not.

This past July I wanted to replace the '95 SHO I let go in March. I still had a '99 SHO and was torn between letting it go to get a Marauder or keep it and pick up an FSVT. I opted for the later. :bash: Lately I started shopping around for new MM's. If I find one reasonable($23 to $25k) I'd glady let the SHO and FSVT go. So far I can't get the two dealers around here to go below $29k. I'm sure I'll eventually go down to one car to save on insurance and payments, just a matter of time and finding a good deal.

Last edited:

Coil99

Right you are, Ken.
Established Member
The FSVT is small and great fun to drive but it makes a terrible clicking noise

the '95 SHO

a '99 SHO

I'd glady let the SHO and FSVT go.

Aside from clicking, do you like the FSVT pretty well? What interests you in the MM - added power? more room?

You have (had) some nice SHO's!

nocarey

Established Member
coil99 asks. . .Aside from clicking, do you like the FSVT pretty well? What interests you in the MM - added power? more room?

Yes, the FSVT is great fun to drive, even on the highway but the MM would be easier to get in and out of plus have more room inside, added comfort for highway trips and a tad more power, just a tad. :burnout:

I've heard Ford makes a Special Edition Crown Vic
that is a solid color without chrome and has about everything the MM has except the engine.
That could be a possibility too.:idea:

Coil99

Right you are, Ken.
Established Member
I've heard Ford makes a Special Edition Crown Vic
that is a solid color without chrome and has about everything the MM has except the engine.

I know what you're talking about - they are nice.

There is one in the parking garage I park in everyday. I get to see it a few times a week. The first time I saw it I thought it was a MM...and then as I got closer I saw it was something else.

Out of curiousity, I may check out the "numbers" on one over the Net...I wonder how they compare to the MM. :??:

1time

Established Member
BUY the MERC!!!!!!!! bad ass car feels good on the highway and commands respect , lots of bmws on the road but the m gets the looks cause its soo rare . i got three kids and they love it.

Users who are viewing this thread