Anybody thinking about jumping to the Roush Blower?

wbt

Banned
Personally I think they are one of the best options for the 5.0. Low 10's are achievable with supporting gear, tune and traction.

The con is the price. They are 'effing expensive....

grnenvy

Established Member
Hmm

Your right about less stress on the drivetrain. From what I have seen those centrifigal's are down 100 pounds of TQ from 2k all the way up to 6k. That would translate into slower times at the track to me!! :shrug:

If I were going FI I would invest in the Procharger. Best bang for the buck and less stress on the driveline at launch.

kevinp

Established Member
Your right about less stress on the drivetrain. From what I have seen those centrifigal's are down 100 pounds of TQ from 2k all the way up to 6k. That would translate into slower times at the track to me!! :shrug:

All that can made up with proper gearing and proper torque converter if its an auto. At the track you stay in a pretty narrow RPM window so what happens below 5000rpm usually doesnt matter much if its a track car. It really depends on what the main purpose of the car is, if its 99% street car the PD car will be a lot more fun. If you are racing the car then the linear power output of the centrifugal is a lot easier to manage and tune around. No matter what you do you have a fairly small displacement engine in a heavy car, PD is just going to provide more of that instant hit that a lot of people like on the street.

As far as cost you are getting a new intake and T/B with the PD blowers, as well as an A2W exchanger and pump. IMO the Roush and FRPP are very OE looking and engineered, going to pay a little more for that.

There is no real right or wrong decision between a centri and a PD, but its important to know where you want your car to end up. Neither one is cheap IMO. I would like to see the kits all cost 800.00, then I could have one of each :)

Last edited:

Silver5Oh

Established Member
i plan on going with the PD when the warranty is gone. Nothing wrong with Centri blowers, ive taken a ride in a Centri and PD car and just enjoyed the PD car more.

AmnDucky

Established Member
If I were going FI I would invest in the Procharger. Best bang for the buck and less stress on the driveline at launch.

Less stress because there is less power. Sorry, but I'll take the 80% of peak torque available under 3k RPM thing.

grnenvy

Established Member
yo

I have had many Vortech's A,B,S,and T trim and yes your right there's nothing wrong with them! I also have had a 2.6 and a 2.8h KB and the positive displacement blowers are awesome for a street car and anyone that wants to run low 10s easily.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Less stress because there is less power. Sorry, but I'll take the 80% of peak torque available under 3k RPM thing.

Thats an interesting concept considering when you drag race youre never EVER below 5k except maybe on the launch...so the loss of tq down low is irrelevant.

My car with a Procharger and 10psi made 643/587. I'd say i'm not to far off from any PD on the same boost.

Users who are viewing this thread