Anybody use APOBox?

BV600

Established Member
Little Rant/Warning to anyone else who decides to use it.
-Ordered a Procharger. Procharger does not ship to APO, decided to use APOBox.
-Procharger box was within shipping dimensions just a little to heavy.
APO box repacks items that are to heavy to make APO friendly, Awesome!
-I put in a Custom Order request, stating to carefully repack package and give them the tracking number for the package, etc.
-Package gets to APOBox, never gets downloaded off Fedex truck, guy just looks at it and says oh its to heavy and returns to Procharger. WTF?
-I email APOBox ask WTF. Robert O, replies"Yes it was returned to sender, and we do repack items that are repack friendly..most exercise equipments, and large items that can not be broken down into two or several pieces, are returned. Sorry for the inconvenience."
-Now the worst, The procharger was free shipping, Now I have to pay the $228 to reship, or $228+$500 something to cancel. All because some lazy ass at APOBox...
-End Rant

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
What's your question? I'm at Sill now but I have used APO's throughout my career.

BV600

Established Member
Maybe should have just phrased the title better. It was more of a heads up warning/rant to people using it. Ive used it prior to this also no issues. Now with a big hiccup on their part its costing me.
Also, APOBox.com not APO Mail. Not sure if there is a confusion. Basically packages that cant be shipped to APO due to size or just the company, this place relays for you. They repack etc.

Last edited:

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
75lbs limit on most APO shipments. There are size dimensions limits too. Never used APOBox. I just go to a local FEDEX Office and use that as the receiving address. The problem arises that some shippers will not send to and addy that is not on the credit card. I usually speak with the company shipping section and have no issues.

cobrakidz

High mileage R
Established Member
We used an APO for years when we were overseas--no problems. I know some shippers won't ship to them.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
What is cool is APO to APO is free. Just put MPS in the place of the stamp. So if you find a guy in Europe or some other APO place who has an item you need get jiggy!

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
-I put in a Custom Order request, stating to carefully repack package and give them the tracking number for the package, etc.
-Package gets to APOBox, never gets downloaded off Fedex truck, guy just looks at it and says oh its to heavy and returns to Procharger. WTF?
-I email APOBox ask WTF. Robert O, replies"Yes it was returned to sender, and we do repack items that are repack friendly..most exercise equipments, and large items that can not be broken down into two or several pieces, are returned. Sorry for the inconvenience."
-Now the worst, The procharger was free shipping, Now I have to pay the $228 to reship, or $228+$500 something to cancel. All because some lazy ass at APOBox...
-End Rant

I know you probably don't want to hear this but can you have it reshipped for free or at least less cost than APO reship and have it sent to your parents or a friend? I know you will have to wait but at least get it to someone you know and figure it out from there. Call Procharger to see if they will work with you. Good luck, though, I hope it works out. :beer:

Stanger00

Established Member
I'd give procharger a call to see if they will work with you on the shipping charges. Speak with a human and not through emails if possible.

I know what you are talking about with using places like "shipitAPO.com" and "APOBox.com" I used them because my family was pretty tired of me having them ship shit to me. My parents became super unreliable and friends, yeah right.

Typically in these situations I havent really heard of people shipping such a large expensive item through APO. You should just pay to have it shipped to the nearest Airport and take your 'customs' form with you so you dont have to pay the import fees when you pick it up. This should be your only option when shipping anything that is worth a few thousand dollars. APO does not insure from what I remember. FEDEX and UPS do air freight and procharger representatives should be able to help. If not hit up the nice people on mighytmustangs.net for advice.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Car parts are notorious for getting rejected for FPO/APO. A buddy of mine here in Oki has a C5 vette- someone ran into the rt front fender in the BX parking lot. He ordered a replacement- it got rejected 3 times. He finally had it mailed to a friends Japanese address.

One thing you might be able to do. If you still have friends back stateside you may be able to have them send it to you "mil mail." People over here ship parts like that all the time and it's supposedly pretty reliable. But the sender and receiver have to be military.

airstang93

Established Member
i see the frustration but in reality, you just spent how many grand on a procharger? whats another couple hundred gonna hurt? all worth it in the end... good luck

Stanger00

Established Member
i see the frustration but in reality, you just spent how many grand on a procharger? whats another couple hundred gonna hurt? all worth it in the end... good luck

Military with families do not make that much money. So with so many thousands on a pro charger it may be difficult to spend that extra few hundred to ship on an item that had free shipping as a perk.

hurststang

Established Member
-End Rant

I have been using my APO for 6 years now. I have seen people use APOBox and shipitAPO. They **** U every way they can. One of my friends used shipitAPO and they charged her $200 per tires shipping for a set of 33x12.50/17. If you have family members in the states used them to help you ship stuff. It will save you alot of money. BTW where are you at in Germany? I'm stationed in Bamberg.

majorbanjo

Established Member
I couldn't get a carbon fiber drive shaft shipped here via APO......I couldn't get a whipple charger shipped to me....I've had it all shipped to my parents house and I'll get the car built like I like it when I return to the states....

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
I know you probably don't want to hear this but can you have it reshipped for free or at least less cost than APO reship and have it sent to your parents or a friend? I know you will have to wait but at least get it to someone you know and figure it out from there. Call Procharger to see if they will work with you. Good luck, though, I hope it works out. :beer:
I did this for a lot of stuff when I was in IRAQ. Dell for example wouldn't ship to APO so I had the stuff shipped to someone in the states and they re-shipped it to me via USPS. I had heard some horror stories about the APO reshippers so never used them because of trust issues.

BV600

Established Member
Thanks I was going to try this but joined the Army to get away from the family lol. Ended up woring out good though.

SSG with 5 1/2 yrs TIS doesnt make alot especially living overseas

Military with families do not make that much money. So with so many thousands on a pro charger it may be difficult to spend that extra few hundred to ship on an item that had free shipping as a perk.
Exactly, that was my BoostAPump Money LOL.

Update on an old thread, Through Emails APOBox box said it was a mistake on there part and paid everything, and procharger was kind enough to put the kit into two boxes so APOBox didnt have to repack it.
So APOBox still and A in my book:beer:

03cobraracer

Established Member
glad it worked out! where u stationed? im in grafenwoehr. i was gonna bring my cobra over but it is gonna need a trans eventualy. but i dont think i could get a t56 shipped over here..lol

Users who are viewing this thread