Anyone Change Their Oil???

10thcoupe

Banned
has anyone swapped out the stock oil for mobil 1,amsoil synthetic yet?? i see this thing holds 8 qts!! i kinda wanna go right to mobil car only has 200 miles on it

fire_4_effect

Motorsports = Expensive!
Established Member
it's your ride... i say ride out the factory shit and then switch on over to synthetic; eight qts is alot of $$$.

ViciousJay

Established Member
do not change it till after 2K, theres a reason they use the oil they do from the factory.

Vib_93

Established Member
I have read a lot of different articles on break in procedures so I will avoid that one here. But I think the general consensus is that you need to give the mechanical's time to bed in with one another . A good synthetic may in fact not allow that to happen. IMO I would say leave the "break in oil" in it until the first service interval and then make the leap to a good synth!

That is precisely what I did in 1993 and my Cobra is still running smooth as the day it was new thanks (in part) to many quarts of Mobil one!

351inside

Established Member
i changed mine at 2100 miles, hard driven, ford synthetic blend, no problems at all and after the break in period it defenately seems stronger

SVT_4_me

Established Member
I have read a lot of different articles on break in procedures so I will avoid that one here. But I think the general consensus is that you need to give the mechanical's time to bed in with one another . A good synthetic may in fact not allow that to happen. IMO I would say leave the "break in oil" in it until the first service interval and then make the leap to a good synth!

That is precisely what I did in 1993 and my Cobra is still running smooth as the day it was new thanks (in part) to many quarts of Mobil one!

yeah, but it's not 1993 anymore....

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
I'd still beat on it some, can't hurt at all. Really. No bs. Load the rings to each cylinder. By 1k doing that should be 100%. This is a mass built mtr less than say a 03 hand built. I still don't trust everything, maybe off base, but could not hurt either. Back in the old days worry about camshaft break in. Along w ring and bearings.

Users who are viewing this thread