Anyone get out and then go back in?

yelostang

Established Member
The thought of going back into the service pops into my head more and more everyday. Has anyone here done it? Are you happy with your decision? If I do decide to go back in it won't be until I finish school and I only have three semesters left. I'm getting an Electrical Engineering degree so I would be going the officer route and I'll have just turned 30 when I finish.

Nukem1040

Established Member
I got out and came back in. But it was only to pull a fast one on the Army. I used to be Artillery and i got the usual reclass options: infantry, cook, driver, etc. I said hell no, i want Aviation. Got out, demanded what I wanted at MEPS and got it:beer:. Been happy with my decision ever since. As for You, I recommend finish college then go in as officer. It will be the best decision you ever made! Trust me. Good luck!

yelostang

Established Member
I'm definitely going to finish school. I've made it past all the weed out courses and I'm pretty close to being done so quiting is not an option. I don't have to go back in either. I have plenty of very good opportunities, I just miss being in. I was thinking of aviation and would love to fly the A-10 or even a gunship. I have a technical background so now I figure I can do some hoorah stuff and fall back on the technical stuff later in life.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Think about it all the time, i miss shit, going to the ranges, being a team leader, all that good stuff. But as i get more and more experience at my new profession the less i want to go back. I will always miss it but i got out for a reason.

Fuerza

Established Member
I got out after 8 years and came back in after finishing my degree. I went to OCS and now I'm getting ready to pin on 1LT in a few months. It works for me!

yelostang

Established Member
I got out after 8 years and came back in after finishing my degree. I went to OCS and now I'm getting ready to pin on 1LT in a few months. It works for me!

I had a meeting with a recruiter yesterday about it and I think I'm going to go for it. I still have three semesters until I finish, but I'm sure it will be over before I know it. I might even be able to get them to pay me to finish school so I'll see how that works out.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
My girl is trying to get back into the AF. There are just no jobs here in tucson. Plus her GI Bill is running out. So school pretty much free while in FTW!

yelostang

Established Member
My girl is trying to get back into the AF. There are just no jobs here in tucson. Plus her GI Bill is running out. So school pretty much free while in FTW!

What is she going to school for? If it's a technical degree they may pay her to finish and then come back in. It's called the TDSP.

Users who are viewing this thread