anyone have a Hallet vid???

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Im signed up for a SCCA HPDE in may and Id like to see Hallets layout in car before I get on track there. Ive heard its got alot of turns and an elevation change of 80' ft over the course of the track. :eek: Any vids would be great!! Thanks Anthony (((99cobra2881

scottmartin

lets get ready to rumble!
Established Member
hallett

Anthony, hallett is very, very technical. you have several turns where you will virtually come to a stop. there are some elevation changes. the track needs some repair and i think that has started. go to the website and it will give you the layout. make sure your pads are fresh. listen to your tires. be safe and have a good time. scott

Adam Ginsberg

California AI/CMC Dir.
Established Member
As Scott mentioned, Hallett is very technical. A great track, a bit bumpy in spots, but tons of fun. I'll agree with each item Scott mention - fresh pads, and a fresh brake system flush is a must for that track.

Here's a link to a NASA race last year. Taken from within my CMC Mustang. It's a huge file ( 223mb ), but will give you an idea what the track is like.

Last edited:

Cobra-R

Established Member
Hallett is a great track, I really want to make it back there again soon. You will have fun, 99!!!

Brian

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I have a crappy noob video of me taking my first two laps ever on a road course. My club rented out Hallett and enjoyed two days of learning last year. We've rented it again on June 18th of this year.

I'll post it, but it might be too small (window) to see what you need to know. If so, let me know and I'll make it larger. Again, these two laps were of me trying to figure out what the hell is around the next corner (or blind spot), so I'm going slow enough for you to get to see plenty of track! :lol:. I think I ended up taking 20 seconds or more off these laps times by the end of the weekend, if that gives any idea how slow I was going. :bash:

Familiarization laps at Hallett

Last edited:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
NP, you should check out the thread I posted about our track rental at Hallett. You can' tbeat having the track all to yourself! :D

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
What club are you a member of that has rented Hallet? I have been wanting to make a trip up there from OKC to at least watch to learn or ride with somebody.
Lethalchem said:
I have a crappy noob video of me taking my first two laps ever on a road course. My club rented out Hallett and enjoyed two days of learning last year. We've rented it again on June 18th of this year.

I'll post it, but it might be too small (window) to see what you need to know. If so, let me know and I'll make it larger. Again, these two laps were of me trying to figure out what the hell is around the next corner (or blind spot), so I'm going slow enough for you to get to see plenty of track! :lol:. I think I ended up taking 20 seconds or more off these laps times by the end of the weekend, if that gives any idea how slow I was going. :bash:

Familiarization laps at Hallett

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
What club are you a member of that has rented Hallet? I have been wanting to make a trip up there from OKC to at least watch to learn or ride with somebody.

My local car club rented it out, so there will be a wide variety of vehicles running. I'll be bringing my Camaro to beat on this year. I used the Cobra last year. If you would like to drive with us, you'll need to let me know soon, because there arn't too many slots left open. We're trying to keep it to about 40 cars I think. Let me know. :)

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
What a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: Hallet :bowdown: Got in to Hallet Friday evening, set up camp, unloaded the car and got ready for sat morning, checked over the car, passed Tech inspection and went over for the PDE briefing, being fairly unexperienced, I was in run group 1, and went out On Track for a ride around with an instructor to see the line, came back in and waited for our turn On-Track. They ran short of instructors, several had graduations to attend, but I still managed to find a good instructor. Went out for the first session and started to get a feel for Hallet at higher speeds. second and third session on saturday I went out by myself and picked up the pace. By sunday I could have moved to run group 2 but I stuck with group 1. I had a great run with a C6 with the Z51 suspension package on sunday that car looked like it was effortless to make it do what it did out there. All in all we got 7 15-20 minute seesions on track this weekend. By Sunday I had a good feel for the track and was pulling consistent 1:43 lap times and probably a few faster laps, Not bad for my first time out in a car with me in it that tips in at 3550lbs. BTW Hallet has undergone alot of repair and patch work, I didnt feel that the track was rough at all, imo its a great track and I cant wait to return. Got some awesome pics also. Anthony (((2881)))

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
What a blast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana: Hallet :bowdown: Got in to Hallet Friday evening, set up camp, unloaded the car and got ready for sat morning, checked over the car, passed Tech inspection and went over for the PDE briefing, being fairly unexperienced, I was in run group 1, and went out On Track for a ride around with an instructor to see the line, came back in and waited for our turn On-Track. They ran short of instructors, several had graduations to attend, but I still managed to find a good instructor. Went out for the first session and started to get a feel for Hallet at higher speeds. second and third session on saturday I went out by myself and picked up the pace. By sunday I could have moved to run group 2 but I stuck with group 1. I had a great run with a C6 with the Z51 suspension package on sunday that car looked like it was effortless to make it do what it did out there. All in all we got 7 15-20 minute seesions on track this weekend. By Sunday I had a good feel for the track and was pulling consistent 1:43 lap times and probably a few faster laps, Not bad for my first time out in a car with me in it that tips in at 3550lbs. BTW Hallet has undergone alot of repair and patch work, I didnt feel that the track was rough at all, imo its a great track and I cant wait to return. Got some awesome pics also. Anthony (((2881)))

Glad to hear it's been smoothed out with repair work. I'm pumped to check it out on the 18th now. DId you run clockwise or counter? Lets see those pics man!

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Man, I just got back from Hallett yesterday, and I've never had a better day at the track! I beat my best time, which is always a good way to make your day! :lol:

I was in my Camaro, and my first session netted me a 1:38.xxx time on street tires. My best time on street tires in my Cobra last year was a 1:37.xxx if I recall correctly, so I could smell blood. :D

I was pretty pumped, since my first session in the Camaro was so close to my very best session over two days last year in the Cobra. We ran with more cars on the track at once than we did last year, so I had a few sessions where I was either slowing a bit to let someone by, or being held up waiting to pass someone else. We had a rule that we could only pass on the straights, and we had to be waved by.

Overall though, I went home a happy camper. By the end of the day, my best ended up being a 1.32.333! Woo! That's a huge improvement over what I was running before. I had some issues with the car, and can't wait to get them ironed out. At the end of the second straight, my master brake cylinder decided to crap out on me, so I was lucky enough to pull off a spin in the corner instead of slinging straight off into the tires. It came at the end of the day though, so I was more than happy to bring it in and park it for the day. What an adrenaline rush! :D

I have some pics and some video I'll post at some point in another thread probably, but here's a couple:

A-036.gif

A-056.gif

D-040.gif

99COBRA2881

Piss on Fox Sports1
Established Member
Awesome, glad you had a good time. Nice pics!!! :beer: Damn good times also. Slap some Kumho victoracers on there and see what that car will really do. When you say second straight do you mean coming up over the hill towards turn 2???? I was scared as hell that Id loose my brakes and end up parking my car in the trees after the turn that I affectionately named the "Green Monster". Im going to try to make it back to Hallett again this year for a Comma/HST weekend.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
99COBRA2881 said:
Awesome, glad you had a good time. Nice pics!!! :beer: Damn good times also. Slap some Kumho victoracers on there and see what that car will really do. When you say second straight do you mean coming up over the hill towards turn 2???? I was scared as hell that Id loose my brakes and end up parking my car in the trees after the turn that I affectionately named the "Green Monster". Im going to try to make it back to Hallett again this year for a Comma/HST weekend.

If you look real close at the last picture, you'll see I have a different set of wheels on. I was on Nitto 555R2 race rubber for that one session, and that's when I got my best time. If the brakes hadn't been going out on my that session, I'm sure I could have gone faster.

Yeah, the second straight towards turn 2 (Coyote Turn). The brakes didn't blow out completely, but the pedal went to the floor, and I knew it wasn't going to slow down in time so I opted to spin it in the turn instead of going off track (there was no one behind me, so I felt it was safe).

Users who are viewing this thread