Anyone in Louisiana or Mississippi get their cars tuned by JMS?

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
:D

Yeah I heard JMS sucks completely...from anyone that I have spoken to that has had experience with them.

How many cars have you had tuned by JMS?

This thread is about people that have used JMS. It's apparent you have not.

I have had more mustangs tuned by JMS than you have even owned.

So dont speak out if you don't know what you are talking about.

Last edited:

AmazonTuning

SVT God
Established Member
as earlier stated we are in the process of setting up a tuning day in the BR NO area for sometime mid to late April...we are coming down to dyno fine tune our customers who dint have the option to travel to us in SC and there are several others who want to take advantage of Rick being in the area...

you are going to get good and bad opinions about any shop you ask about.. it is just the nature of this business...a shop can be the best in the world but you will still have people who were not happy with them...

I know that Chris is back and forth between MS and Fl but IM not sure who is presently doing the bulk of the tuning at the shop.. my best advice to you is to call and talk to the tuners you are considering and then make your choice..you need to have confidence in your tuner and talking to him is your best way to determine that..

Rick will still be accessible to you even after he leaves the area because he can work with you via email and can do remote tuning sessions via email..

unless you are right there near the shops you are enquiring about you are going to be travelling to them.. Rick is going to be travelling to you...if you are interested in the tuning day..we will be discussing it and you can watch the progress in the thread here in this forum

getusum

idiot inside
Established Member
I went there several years ago. I was lost and called for 1 1/2 hours with no answer. Finally when I found the place, They were screening all calls and laughing about it. Chris was in California tuning for Vortech. To make a long story short, I went back 6 -7 times with friends to get there cars tuned and Chris was never there. Monty was tuning. This was years ago when you could not find a tuner every 50 miles or so. He was using Autologic at the time. Good luck.

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
I went there several years ago. I was lost and called for 1 1/2 hours with no answer. Finally when I found the place, They were screening all calls and laughing about it. Chris was in California tuning for Vortech. To make a long story short, I went back 6 -7 times with friends to get there cars tuned and Chris was never there. Monty was tuning. This was years ago when you could not find a tuner every 50 miles or so. He was using Autologic at the time. Good luck.

That was quite some time ago if they were using the autologic. They tuned my 90 Supercharged 5.0 using that. well over 12 years ago now. They now have a state of the art building with 2 dynojets , a motorcycle dyno, and they are putting in a awd dyno as we speak. They moved a few years ago to a new facility and have new staff. Monty tunes when Chris is not there.

The location is very easy to find now. not like the old days when it was hidden off behind a small 1/8th mile dragstrip. From I-10 take exit 69 and go north for 21 miles. its a huge building on the left. It has a big sign and is nearly impossible to miss.

BRMach103

Established Member
I am pretty happy with my tune. Steve in the front office is kinda rude in a way, but Monty was a pretty cool guy.
If I still have my blower on when Rick comes I might let them look it over and retune if need be.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member

This really isn't a serious matter...no need to get all emotional about it.

Last edited:

03cobramanIII

Banned
I am pretty happy with my tune. Steve in the front office is kinda rude in a way, but Monty was a pretty cool guy.
If I still have my blower on when Rick comes I might let them look it over and retune if need be.
steve is a assH ,monty tuned my ported blower the first time, i didnt drive it long b4 i went with the k/b, i asked monty what me fpdc was? he just said youre ok. both times, after installing my k/b and mods to go with it , i set up a date to get it dynoed there, i was there at 1pm . he made the 1st pull, and said that about all where going to make, i was at 535/490 with 17 psi, i then changed the pulley with a smaller one, it made 560/505 with 19 psi. monty told me my timing was at 17 deg.and still could not give me a fpdc %age? just that i was ok still?? which when i brought it to rick it was at 21. deg.
i been to jms 3 times total and never seen chris .he just lets steve run it.or runs people off , when i was there waiting to pay for the dyno tune 310 bucks. at 4 pm there where closing up shop btw. steve was talking to a customer, he must have asking some questions to steve , steve was rolling his eyes at me, and held the phone away from his ear , and was saying yea,yea, yea.

Mustang_Racer

Established Member
steve is a assH ,monty tuned my ported blower the first time, i didnt drive it long b4 i went with the k/b, i asked monty what me fpdc was? he just said youre ok. both times, after installing my k/b and mods to go with it , i set up a date to get it dynoed there, i was there at 1pm . he made the 1st pull, and said that about all where going to make, i was at 535/490 with 17 psi, i then changed the pulley with a smaller one, it made 560/505 with 19 psi. monty told me my timing was at 17 deg.and still could not give me a fpdc %age? just that i was ok still?? which when i brought it to rick it was at 21. deg.
i been to jms 3 times total and never seen chris .he just lets steve run it.or runs people off , when i was there waiting to pay for the dyno tune 310 bucks. at 4 pm there where closing up shop btw. steve was talking to a customer, he must have asking some questions to steve , steve was rolling his eyes at me, and held the phone away from his ear , and was saying yea,yea, yea.

Yea, I would talk directly to the tuner. Monty or Chris.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
Ive been once. To bring my friends 92 blown coupe to get tuned cause he didn't have time and I built the motor. Monty was cool but the guy up front is a douchebag I will agree.
As far as a state of the art building, uhhh its a portable type metal shed with a dyno in it that Monty has to walk back to his office in the main building to view and change the tunes and then back to the shed and back to the office and so forth. Most tuners have everything near by to make changes. I wouldn't personally bring my car there or anyone in LA for that matter. Murillo is the king of the fiveoh (that pushrod ancient thing) and James and Rick are the best in the industry IMO with the mod motors.

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Ive been once. To bring my friends 92 blown coupe to get tuned cause he didn't have time and I built the motor. Monty was cool but the guy up front is a douchebag I will agree.
As far as a state of the art building, uhhh its a portable type metal shed with a dyno in it that Monty has to walk back to his office in the main building to view and change the tunes and then back to the shed and back to the office and so forth. Most tuners have everything near by to make changes. I wouldn't personally bring my car there or anyone in LA for that matter. Murillo is the king of the fiveoh (that pushrod ancient thing) and James and Rick are the best in the industry IMO with the mod motors.

:rockon: amen

cobraRcraig

Established Member
First off if it was not for Chris Johnson, there would probably not even be an sct tuner for your ford. He was instramental in making the sct tuner.

JMS (Johnson Motor Sports) have tuned 4 of my mustangs incuding my current GT500. My experience with them has been nothing but positive.

And I seriously doubt they put 25 degrees of timing into a non-ported stock blower with a 6lb lower making it a time bomb. I am sure there are some facts that are missing in this wild story.

Would i take my $50,000 gt500 back to them? yes! as a matter of fact, I will be there friday trying out some new mods. (and im sure i wont leave with 25 degrees of timing!!!!)

James can tune but he didn't help with the design of the sct tuner like Chris Johnson did.

1. Lets thanks god for Chris Johnson, sounds just like that quote I heard about Stang Hi designing the original tune for the gt500 for sct.( JUST STICK TO THE ORIGINAL TOPIC)

2. I'm not going to bash them but I wasn't impressed

3. If you paid 50,000.00 for a gt500 you got a hell of a deal. ha ha

4. Bragging about how many mustangs you have had or how much you paid for them doesn't make you a mustang God.

5. Don't jack around with the people who protect this country for a living. It's not good P.R.

And lastly the hi-tech, state of the art, borrowed alien technology shop is almost identical to the shack that I bought at sears for my lawn mower.

SVTman75

My wallet hates me!
Established Member
Mustang Racer has always had really good running Mustangs. Owning alot of them doesn't make him a god, but it does make him familiar with racing/modding/tuning of them. Randy's had good dealings with JMS. I haven't. The thread asked about any input. And he gave it.

end/.

cobraRcraig

Established Member
Mustang Racer has always had really good running Mustangs. Owning alot of them doesn't make him a god, but it does make him familiar with racing/modding/tuning of them. Randy's had good dealings with JMS. I haven't. The thread asked about any input. And he gave it.

end/.

That's exactly my point. I'm not the one trying to be a jerk. I'm the one pointing out someone who is.

Users who are viewing this thread