Anyone using Cobra R springs?

jordanvraptor

Established Member
If you are running 2000 Cobra R springs, what other suspension mods do you have? How is the effect on wheel hop? Is there any drop in ride height? I heard they are 800 lbs and 750 lbs rates front and rear vs 600/600 for stock coupes. Can you use the Cobra R springs with the stock struts and shocks? My thinking is to try the Cobra R springs to help with the wheel hop. Then maybe add the Amazon Racing shock kit. Lastly is the MM bushings as they are the hardest to install. Any advice would be appreciated.

GreyCobra_03

Lurch
Established Member
Hey man, I see you are from Oregon, so if you are interested you can cruise up here to Spokane WA and I will help you with the MM IRS bushing install. One of the benefits of being in the AF is that you have a shop with all tools that you would need that you can rent for about $12 a day. I installed my MM bushings, they were a pain in the ass but I could not imagine doing them in a driveway. Spoiled by the 4 pt. lift :beer:
If you are interested, PM me, and I can have those bushings in one saturday for a total cost of about $20 plus gas to get here and back. Sound like fun?

Onelfastlride

Established Member
I just made a trip to Steeda. I'm running their Street/Competition springs now. 700 / 800 lb spring rates front and rear. Similar to 00' Cobra R spec. Along with that I had Maximum Motorsports IRS bushings installed, caster camber plates, and a strut tower brace. I already have KB subs.

But I really haven't got on it that much to tell about wheel hop. As far as ride......very similar to stock. :rolling:

Users who are viewing this thread