Anyone with pulley change or other mods have warranty problems

Redwing

Established Member
Has anyone who has modified their car had any problems with warranty? My dealer is non-commital as to whether I would have problems. He says, go ahead and change the pulley and chip. there would be no consequences unless the mods were found to be directly responsible for breakdowns. He also says that filter and exhaust changes shouldn't affect any warranty.
Anybody had trouble?

Steve

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Has anyone called 800SVTFORD and asked them? I know the usual answer is BS from those guys..

08snake

Formerly 03snake
Established Member
I returned to the dealer to make an appointment for the window squeak. The owner stopped by while I was talking to the service manager out by my car. He asked me if I had purchased the car from him. I stated that I had. His next question was, had I swapped out the pulley and put in a chip. I asked him if it was a trick question, and that doing so would void my warrenty. He said BS. dont worry about it.

Silver 03 Cobra

I took my car to the dealer to let my salesman look at it. He owns a 01 Cobra. I told him about all my mods. They have been giving my name to all their 03 buyers for mod help. This is a pretty cool dealership.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
just remember, no matter how cool the dealer is, if the repair is big $$ and Ford/SVT get involved in the claim, they have the last word and can deny you.....

Users who are viewing this thread