ARH LTH Install

04Beasst

Established Member
Lethal, need some help...awesome product, great service---definitely have a good staff.

Need some help please! I had Bassani mid-length headers & Bassani X-Pipe on my car. Wanted LTHs instead…little x-tra hp! Ordered ARHs from Lethal P, size: 1 & 3/4 with 3" collector & 3" X-pipe w/cats....real nice. Just had them installed last night and ran into a few issues. Can someone please help with the following:

1. Driver Side header is rubbing against the Cross Stabilizer???...connected to the plate under the engine. Ground clearance is good otherwise! Anyone run into this problem?

2. Top tube on the driver's side header is almost rubbing the steering column...possibly rubbing when turning. Should I heat up the pipes and bend for clearance?? I'll touch base with ARH tomorrow…

3. Does the car need to be re-tuned or do I just need to drive it? Idle is fluctuating and is cutting off sometimes...running real rough. Car’s battery was disconnect for 24 hrs, should I just reload the tune? I have a lifetime mail order tune with Amazon but I don't think the tune need to be updated…maybe 15 hp gain. Thoughts? I’ll get with Rick tomorrow.

4. If the O2 sensors are not put back in the same order/same location as original x-Pipe, does that matter?

Lastly, its just freaking loud (Stinger Catback)...didn't think it would be that loud. I can deal with that though. Appreciate any help/advice. I'm in a small town (to say the least) and one mechanic. Thanks.

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
After installing long tubes with an off road X, it would be best to have the cars tune looked at, it will most likely need some adjusting. The o2 sensors do need to go back in their original spots to ensure the computer is monitoring the exhaust gases correctly. As far as the fitment goes, I'm going to recommend that you call ARH direct and speak with Nick or Anthony. The cross bar you are referring to I believe only comes factory installed on verts, so I would let Nick or Anthony know about that. Hope that answers your questions, if you need any more help, just let us know.

Thanks!

04Beasst

Established Member
Thanks...X-pipe had cats and Rick (Amazon) already updated the tune. I'll get with ARH. If I needed a new motor, who would you recommend I go through (Ford Racing??).

Carbd86GT

You're Gator Bait
Established Member
We can get you nice shortblocks from either Livernois Motorsports or ModMax Racing, let us know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Derek

Users who are viewing this thread