Army Scuba School

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
So,

Theres a chance that I could go to Scuba School as a cadet. I have to compete for it, but I wanted to know who has been and what I should do to prepare for it. I will be testing for my slot on Monday

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Good God they are willing to send you ****ing black dots every where, absorb a bunch of slots and manage to only pass a few of the courses!!!

I have not been to Scuba School but from what I hear it is one of the hardest courses in the military. Get it in your mind now that you may drown once, or twice during the course. Start swimmig ALOT, really improve on your ability to swim under water and hold your breath for long periods of time. Maybe some one who has been to the course can correct me but I believe one of the requirements when you first get there is that you can swim 100m under water on one breath. Going to :read: and see if I can find any of the entry requirements.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Yah, they like to send us everywhere. They've sent a few to Sapper school, and most of 'em dont pass or dont qualify for the tab. I went to robin sage last year as a G but I dunno if scubas a good idea for them to send cadets to. One of the medics on the sf team I worked with told me about scuba school and how he had a friend die there last summer. I'm going to compete for it, and if I go then cool... if not then oh well. The while 5th bde is competing for the 3 slots so the ones that go should be good to go. Thanks for the advice

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
I didnt know they send cadets to scuba school. Ive only ever met one person whos actually been. Airborne will be awesome though. Going to air assault in late July.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Here's hoping you end up in an airborne unit. Don't need another guy running around thinking he's airborne just because he went to the school.

Completely understand that, I know a cupla people that think they're airborne just cuz they did their jumps at school. Theres a difference between being ABN qualified and actually being in the 82nd or 101st etc (one of my personal goals but we'll see how competitive I am in regards to my OML).

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Completely understand that, I know a cupla people that think they're airborne just cuz they did their jumps at school. Theres a difference between being ABN qualified and actually being in the 82nd or 101st etc (one of my personal goals but we'll see how competitive I am in regards to my OML).

Yeah one of the girls who works here has a husband who is is a commander in the 101st. And the retired Major I work with was in the 82nd I believe. I all ****ing hear about all day long is Air Assault (who-a) lol. It's awesome.

Luckyeod28

major league infidel
Established Member
You are an idiot. Combat Swimmer school is one of the most exclusive schools in all of the military....and everyone and their brother goes to airborne.

thirtytwovalve

Steam Rollin 335's
Established Member
Thank you for that. I have my own reasons for not going to combat swimmer school. When I posted this thread, they initially made it sound like I had been selected for the school and that all I needed to do the qual for it in the upcoming week against the other cadets in my school. Then later they told me that I was going to have to compete against other candidates at my school, then the state, and then the brigade for 1 of 3 slots. The scuba slot was also scheduled for the time slot I had to go to LDAC so I couldn't go either way. Yes, I would like to go to scuba school, but the chances of me getting the school are minimal and I had another LDAC was scheduled at the same time. So, I took the safe bet and took an airborne slot.

Last edited:

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
Yah, they like to send us everywhere. They've sent a few to Sapper school, and most of 'em dont pass or dont qualify for the tab. I went to robin sage last year as a G but I dunno if scubas a good idea for them to send cadets to. One of the medics on the sf team I worked with told me about scuba school and how he had a friend die there last summer. I'm going to compete for it, and if I go then cool... if not then oh well. The while 5th bde is competing for the 3 slots so the ones that go should be good to go. Thanks for the advice

I got my Sapper Tab, by far the greatest moment of my life returning to my unit with that tab on my shoulder. I ****ing damn near cried that day.

Here's hoping you end up in an airborne unit. Don't need another guy running around thinking he's airborne just because he went to the school.

lol i am a 5 jump chump :beer:

Sapperstang

Established Member

101'st isn't on status anymore. A lot of people do go to airborne school. However, the real part of being airborne is being on status. I think you should have taken scuba. I only saw a small handful of people with a scuba bubble.

FX4 SAPPER

Established Member
101'st isn't on status anymore. A lot of people do go to airborne school. However, the real part of being airborne is being on status. I think you should have taken scuba. I only saw a small handful of people with a scuba bubble.

Scuba is unique for that very reason, in fact ive only ever seen two scuba guys, both were SF E-8's and one of the had a Presidents 100 tab. Pretty badass:rockon:

Luckyeod28

major league infidel
Established Member
I hear you man, and sorry to be so harsh. But when you get in the military you are seriously going to regret not competing for that course. It really does seperate the men from the boys, and you will never have trouble getting sent to Airborne once your active. Good luck though, and get them knees in the breeze.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Well I never went to scuba. But I heard lots of horror stories....As far as airborne school. I thought it was a joke. Have fun.....I feel that Airborne school is over rated and sucks.....

Users who are viewing this thread