At what point cooling system upgrade is a must?

lsp408

Established Member
Hi,

I am looking at the pulley, idler and tune package. my main reason for this is simply make blower scream much louder. The 2012 shelby is plenty power for what I used the car for so I did not want the package with big tube CAI.

Here comes with my question:

I drive this car when I can and I get on it quite bit, If I get it with 91 oct tune (in case I get bad gas around here), with 2.59 stock appearance pulley, will I need to upgrade cooling system? I will probably get 3X-volum-stock-look intercooler reservor.

is there any other cooling system upgrade nessecery? I am on a budget and only to look for extra blower noise and safe stock drivability like tune.

Thanks,

Li

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Do you have to? No. Should you? Absolutely.

These cars run hot even in stock trim. The computer starts pulling timing at as little as 125f down stream. You'll get that driving around the block twice.

The AFCO dual fan heat exchanger we offer (and I use on my street /track car) will keep those temps below the threshold of degradation of performance.

Much easier on your car and allows you to use all of the power your car has.

We offer the heat exchanger /extra capacity tank as a combo.

By the way, the second you spin that blower a little quicker, the heat builds even more.

I'd do it all at once if funds allow and the cooling first if they don't.

Call me at (312) 399-4221 to discuss a plan.

Bj

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Users who are viewing this thread