Autocross Class help?

Boss002

Established Member
I'm a autocross newb and was wondering if i could get some help or assistance on what class i might be running...

02 GT (boss legacy) mods are as follows.

T-56 6 spd, MGW short throw, H&R Supersports, Lakewood drag shocks and struts (going with Maximum motorsports springs and bilsteins HD shocks and struts), Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates, 4.10 gears, Forged 31 spline axles, 31 spline T-Loc, MMR upper and lower control arms, aluminum driveshaft, aluminum flywheel, jlt cold air, 75mm throttle body, upper intake plenum, catless x pipe, slp lm1 (going to put mac on to quite it down) FR500 18" wheels, 275/35/18 KDW II's front , 295/35/18 KDW II's rear, Bullit brake kit

Also probably going to be adding full length mm subframes

So any idea? I plan on using street tires the entire time

qtrracer

Established Member
What a mess for classing purposes. Not even close to stock with those mods; ESP is the next but not with 4.10s - only 3.55s using update/backdate rules (the T56 will work). With the motor mods, rear control arms and other stuff, I'm thinking Prepared or Modified. The car will have no chance at all. So, go and have fun.

Last edited:

98cobraRx

98 Chrome Yellow
Established Member
What a mess for classing purposes. Not even close to stock with those mods; ESP is the next but not with 4.10s - only 3.55s using update/backdate rules (the T56 will work). With the motor mods, rear control arms and other stuff, I'm thinking Prepared or Modified. The car will have no chance at all. So, go and have fun.

qtrracer is right with SM or CP. I am thinking SM. Just go have fun. AX is a blast.

AMDanBailer

This^^^^

The drivetrain modifications you have made move you into a modified or heavily prepared class.

If you plan on going with and staying in a mod class, you are going to need to get that car on a HUGE diet and get as much rear tire as you can underneath it, front and rear.

I say, if your region has a Novice group, that you run NSM and decide if demodding or going further with modding in that class is going to beneficial.

AutoX is meant to be fun, so I would worry less about class and more about learning your car and having as much fun a possible:thumbsup:

Good luck out there!

nekasrof

Established Member
Late to the thread but the 4.10s and the LCAs put you in Street Mod. All other mods are legal for ESP. So you could put the factory LCAs and the 3.55s in and you're good for ESP.

Intake and exhaust are free in ESP. Outside of that, you'd have to do a whole engine swap. You COULD put an '03/'04 cobra motor in an '02 and stay in ESP. But you'd have to run a factory pulley. However, you could do a tune and full exhaust and put down some serious hp. Combine that with 315 A6s all around and have at it.

Boss002

Established Member
Plenty has changed from this post

Demodded my car back to ESP level, and added Bilstein HD's, Subframes, Corbeau FX1 seat, 2.2 degree's negative camber, 5.5 caster, and 275/40/17 Kumho V710's all way around

Next season car is getting BBK Ceramic Longtubes, Steeda Front Sway, Steeda 5link and Stiffer Springs

Last edited:

Boss002

Established Member
I have H&R super sports, but when I get the 5 link i'm going with Steeda's optional add on to the kit I believe 850lbs up front and like 300 or 350 rear

Users who are viewing this thread