Automatic Transmission Build (4R75W)

TorchMach

Established Member
Hey Guys I have a few questions. My mechanic really thinks these transmissions are a piece of junk. From reading and researching on here I have come to learn otherwise.

My questions basically is what company or parts we'll be needed to make this tranny handle 700+rwhp. Is there a company that sells a complete rebuild kit or something of that nature? I would like to put a 3,500 stall and I don’t mind shifting every time. (is that a manual valve body?)

I'm learning transmissions bear with me.:shrug:

Thanks for any info guys.

TorchMach

Established Member
For awhile but not for long. Once I put the turbo on, it will become a weekend toy.

I just talk to Lentech, they recommend I get the "Strip Terminator" transmission.

Any suggestions? i think I'm going to go with that tranny...

mach1mustangman

Established Member
If that is what they suggested, that is what I would use. I talked to them a few years back about a build of my Foxbody, and they suggested a transmission that I was going to use. The reason I didn't do it was because I got married and needed to sell the car to pay off some debt, but they seemed to very confident of their products and several of the posts on other forums also sealed the deal on my thoughts of the company. Good luck with the build, and post up the progress and completion. :)

Users who are viewing this thread